Tour Egypt Forums: Poll For Hotel Longchamps, Cairo - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1

Poll For Hotel Longchamps, Cairo Rate your experience

Poll: Please rate Hotel Longchamps, Cairo (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate according to your experience with this Business

1. Excellent (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Very Good (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Good (1 votes [16.67%])

4. Below Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Poor (1 votes [16.67%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

A poll for this Hotel. Please also feel free to post your comments about this Hotel.
Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#2 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:44 PM

It is no secret that the Hotel Longchamps is a Tour Egypt favorite. It is where I always try to stay in Cairo, and for good reason. The rooms are nice, the staff is professional, it is located in a good part of Cairo and everything just always seems to be great. We have written a number of reviews of this hotel on Tour Egypt. See http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/ho...hampsupdate.htm
Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#3 User is offline   Ann from Belgium 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Egyptology, photography, music, biking, reading

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:28 AM

My friend and I stayed in the Longchamps Hotel in 2000 and we were very well welcomed by Hebba Bakri. She runs the hotel very well, it is situated on an excellent location. She told us we were among the first to book in the hotel via a Touregypt reference, we got a very nice room. I know the hotel was renovated in the meantime, but I remember that we found the breakfast to be average at our taste, we expected more for this kind of hotel. But that's only a detail. I can really recommend the hotel to any traveller seeking some quiet and comfortable place to sleep.
-------------------------------------
Do you like Egypt pictures ? Visit my blog : http://wildebloemen-fotos.skynetblogs.be and click the "Egypte"-tag. Your comments are very welcome.

#4 User is offline   Donna 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Interests:Egyptology<br />hieroglyphs [nilemuse.com/hieroglyphs]<br />old computer mouses [oldmouse.com]

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

I stayed there for two weeks in 2003 and especially loved the location. Treed streets and balcony gardens. It was an easy and interesting walk to the Museum, but at the same time it was apart from downtown Cairo. The neighborhood is fancy with ornate embassies, an art college, an art school, and two branches of the Nile a few blocks away in opposite directions.

I found everything I ever needed or wanted when I wasn't touring:
    A local eatery with wonderful native food at a ridiculously low prices
    A branch of the Univ of Cairo bookstore
    Film processing next door
    A friendly family run Internet Cafe around the corner
    Another book shop, souvenir shop, bakery, etc., etc..
It appears the Longchamps has closed its dining room, sad to say. But just a few blocks away there are fast food places or local cuisine, not to mention a pizza place next door, so other eating opportunities are readily available.

The staff at the hotel were lovely and everything was just as it should be. I can't imagine choosing any other place else to stay when I go back.
Donna

#5 User is offline   Hotel 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

When we first pulled up to Longchamps, I was in a little bit of shock because the hotel is on the 5th floor of a mostly empty building and you have to take this little "vintage" elevator up where you can barely fit 2 people and suitcases... but it was great. The ladies at the front desk were super helpful, giving us a map and kinda telling us where to start. Breakfast was very standard but nice and there was a free computer with internet in the lobby. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The showers a little bit small but workable. It is in a beautiful, quiet neighbourhood (you can’t really say that about Cairo) surrounded with trees and beautiful buildings.
I would definitely recommend arranging the hotel to pick you up from the airport because taxi drivers have a hard time with this hotel and it’s just alot easier when you have been flying for a while.

#6 User is offline   Sonny Bavaria 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Interests:Nobody wants to know on this form about the paltalk.com idendity. So here it is &gt; firetalk100<br />the german room Cafe Hinterhalt at paltalk.com is broadcasting all NEWS TALK ONLINE -Shows at 5pm NY time via integrated radio player on www.cafehinterhalt.de and direct at radio WelleFreeEurope &gt;&gt; www.1000mikes.com/show/wellefreeeurope_on_air<br /><br />das Cafe Hinterhalt bei Paltalk.com überträgt LIVE die werktägliche TalkShow um 19 Uhr über den integrierten Radio Player auf www.cafehinterhalt.de und direkt über Radio &gt; WelleFreeEurope &gt;&gt; www.1000mikes.com/show/wellefreeeurope_on_air<br /><br />As you can see, my main interest is Paltalk.com as was working for it for ten years besides my main job as Unit Production Manager for TV/movie productions

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

Think of staying at the Longchamps End of March 2011 for a night or two before on my way up to Luxor by train and also on my way back from Upper Egypt before I leave Egypt. Jimmy keeps telling since years about the good standard of this hotel.

Greetinx
Sonny

#7 User is offline   Steve10 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

A great hotel I would say. My wife and I stayed there visiting friends. Clean, tidy and lovely staff. Travelling from Gatwick where we live has never been easier - which reminds me. If any of you on the forum travel to and from Gatwick and require parking, it can often be cheaper to park in a local hotel, guesthouse or b&b with free parking ;0)

Check out Gatwick airport hotels with parking for more info.

Regards
Steve

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply