Tour Egypt Forums: Poll For Nefertiti Hotel - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1

Poll For Nefertiti Hotel Rate your experience

Poll: Please rate Nefertiti Hotel (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate according to your experience with this Business

1. Excellent (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Very Good (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

3. Good (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Below Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:56 PM

A poll for this Hotel. Please also feel free to post your comments about this Hotel.
Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#2 User is offline   Ann from Belgium 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Egyptology, photography, music, biking, reading

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:31 AM

Manager knows what he is doing.

On the plus side :
cheap
super breakfast on the rooftop terrace
terrace with a nice view
very centrally located in the towncenter, behind Luxor temple

On the negative side :
very noisy with the cafees on the ground floor
very basic comfort

Conclusion : good value for money, but very basic.
-------------------------------------
Do you like Egypt pictures ? Visit my blog : http://wildebloemen-fotos.skynetblogs.be and click the "Egypte"-tag. Your comments are very welcome.

#3 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:47 PM

I pretty much agree with Ann. However, I might rank it a little higher because of bang for the buck. For what you pay, it is an excellent buy I think, though admittedly it is no Five star hotel.

View PostAnn from Belgium, on Feb 27 2007, 04:31 AM, said:

Manager knows what he is doing.

On the plus side :
cheap
super breakfast on the rooftop terrace
terrace with a nice view
very centrally located in the towncenter, behind Luxor temple

On the negative side :
very noisy with the cafees on the ground floor
very basic comfort

Conclusion : good value for money, but very basic.

Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#4 User is offline   Karen In Egypt 

• Queen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:33 AM

When I was in Luxor a couple of months ago I stopped by (as I always do) to visit my friends at the Nefertiti, and was happy to see that they had dome some re-painting and sprucing up. I also met with Alaa (AKA Aladin, the owner/manager) in Cairo last week at the wedding of a mutual friend of ours, and he told me that he will be making more improvements to the hotel soon. He is also planning on opening up a restaurant next door to the hotel.

I agree with Ann that the Nefertiti is a great little budget option, very basic but good value and a safe and welcoming place to stay in the heart of town. I also agree about the noise, but that is somewhat unavoidable in many of the east bank budget hotels. If you want peace and quiet at a budget price you have to go to the west bank! :P
Life is short... eat the basbousa first

#5 User is offline   Ann from Belgium 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Interests:Egyptology, photography, music, biking, reading

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

View PostKaren In Egypt, on Feb 28 2007, 09:33 AM, said:

... I also agree about the noise, but that is somewhat unavoidable in many of the east bank budget hotels. If you want peace and quiet at a budget price you have to go to the west bank! :P

I agree with both Jimmy and Karen... And yes Karen, that's exactly what I did for my upcoming trip : booked again at the Gezira Gardens ! :P
-------------------------------------
Do you like Egypt pictures ? Visit my blog : http://wildebloemen-fotos.skynetblogs.be and click the "Egypte"-tag. Your comments are very welcome.

#6 User is offline   Aladinefertiti 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:49 PM

Hello everybody, and thank you so much for expressing your opinions about my hotel, the one that none of you have seen after the last "sprucing up" process I made :lol: (well,Karen did step by before I start).
I did make a lot of work recently and renewed almost everything that some of the guide books to Egypt did list Nefertiti Hotel with the mid-range hotels instead of listing it with the budget section.
"mid-range facilities at budget prices", is how (Lonely Planet 2006) described Nefertiti, and they did NOT write the word "Recommended" within the description of any hotel or property except with the review of my hotel.

I'm not here for showing up, and I'm not writing this because I want to advertise my hotel, but I really do work so hard to get my place in the shape it is nowadays.

Regarding the restaurant Karen mentioned, I would be happy to invite you all to the opening on the 7th of April 2007."Inshalla" soon I will be involved in the (where to eat in Luxor) forum :wacko: .I would not be satisfied with less than the number 1 Egyptian local food place in Luxor .

Mr. Jimmy Dunn, I think "Thank you" is not enough for the good things you made to make traveling in Egypt easier for everyone; I really appreciate showing Egypt in the best way it could be shown.
I wish to meet your favorable regards with my upcoming projects!!

Cheers,
Aladin
To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.

"DeVoTeD to make life better"

#7 User is offline   Karen In Egypt 

• Queen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

My dear Alaa, it's great to see you participating on this board! ALF MABRUK (congratulations) on the new restaurant - knowing your dedication and hard work I'm sure it will be a great success! I'll try my best to get down there for your opening on the 7th, and I look forward to seeing the "new and improved" Nefertiti at the same time! My warmest regards go to all down there.

PS: I just remembered that I forgot to send you the photo of you and a certain dancer at a certain wedding.... check your e-mail! :wacko:
Life is short... eat the basbousa first

#8 User is offline   Donna 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Interests:Egyptology<br />hieroglyphs [nilemuse.com/hieroglyphs]<br />old computer mouses [oldmouse.com]

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

Of course I can't give the highest vote because people might be misled about the star rating. But within the budget category I cannot overstate how much I enjoyed my stay in 2003. I lucked out with a little balcony off my room overlooking a French school. I don't remember disturbing noise, maybe only the murmur of the city. My room was cozy although some might call it only adequate, but I enjoyed the charm of an older building and the quaint and curious little bathroom, that must be one of Egypt's trademarks. I would never trade it for a stay at a sterile-looking "modern" room when I could experience the flavor of this other world.

The view from the roof patio, where I was served breakfast every day by lovely staff, is right above the sphinx lined court of the Luxor Temple, with an old mosque minaret at one end. Beyond that the Nile defined the vista of the West bank's hills of Qurna and the Valley of the Kings.

The staff were warm and helpful. I felt as if they were watching over my safety and comfort. I would choose another place to stay when in Luxor only if I felt the need to be closer to the West bank sites. Otherwise, the Nefertiti Hotel is my intended choice when I am able to return to Egypt. It's so very far from Montana, USA....
Donna

#9 User is offline   Hector 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:56 PM

We just came from our trip on June 2009. After our odyssey coming from Hurgada, trying to take a bus without having a clue of what we were doing, and not assistant from the bus station....It was shocking to find that it wasn't any formal stop on Luxor. At leas that was my impression. We manage to get to the Hoste, and it was a relief. it's location is perfect, walking distance from the Luxor Temple, Karnak, the little ferry to go to west bank. It is perfect. Unfortunately the building was under construction, and we decide to move to a neighbor hotel that offer us an excellent deal. Even so, we keep in touch with Muhamed, from Nefertiti Hotel. I will say, he captivate us, making our stay in Luxor pleasant. His charm bring us back to have lunch or dinner at the Nefertiti restaurant, and we were confident to have him arrange a tour from us, that we were absolutely satisfied. Egypt is not an easy country to travel, not only the language barrel, but the inconsistency on the information. Even thought Muhamed manage to make us fill comfortable and that we were among friends. We want to thank Mohamed, and I personal recommend him if you need somebody to trust in Luxor.

#10 User is offline   CathyMiller 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

I agree with Ann that the Nefertiti is a great little budget option, very basic but good value and a safe and welcoming place to stay in the heart of town. I also agree about the noise, but that is somewhat unavoidable in many of the east bank budget hotels. If you want peace and quiet at a budget price you have to go to the west bank!

As long as it is fairly quiet at night, this sounds like a great place to stay--especially with the location and the great customer service mentioned (and breakfast!).
The voyage to discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. -- Marcel Proust

#11 User is offline   JackieR 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

I recently traveled to Egypt and stayed four nights at the Nefertiti Hotel on the East Bank of Luxor. I arranged tours of the area through Nefertiti’s Aladin Travel Services with the help of Ms. Eman Ahmed, tour operator for Aladin. I highly recommend both the Nefertiti Hotel and Ms. Eman Ahmed. Nefertiti is a wonderful family-run budget hotel in a very convenient central location near the souk. I really felt as though I were staying with family. Aladin El-Sahabi, Nefertiti’s proprietor, was always around to make sure that all of my needs were met. I arranged tours of the East and West Banks of Luxor as well as a day trip to Dendara and Abydos and a driver to Hurghada through Ms. Ahmed. Her English was very good and she promptly responded to my many questions via email. The tours were excellent. When it was time to leave for Hurghada I was sad to leave my new friends and had hugs from everyone including Gigi the cleaning lady. I would definitely stay at the Nefertiti again and I think of Eman as my Egyptian sister.

#12 User is offline   aliyahcruz20 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:43 AM

We had been to Egypt and stayed in Nefertiti Hotel last 2008. I can say that there is already a big difference in their service today compared with what they have before. But even before, we already had great time in the hotel because their rooms are comfortable spotlessly clean, especially the bathrooms. Augusta GA Hotels

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply