Tour Egypt Forums: Poll For Cairo Star Travel - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1

Poll For Cairo Star Travel Rate your Experience

Poll: Please rate Cairo Star Travel (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate according to your experience with this Business

1. Excellent (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Very Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Below Average (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Kelly 

• Artisan
  • PipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

A poll for this Tour Operator. Please also feel free to post your comments about this Tour Operator.
"I am so clever that sometimes I donít understand a single word of what I am saying."

#2 User is offline   rockit 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:56 AM

I just returned from an absolutely incredible 11 days in Egypt with my wife.

We did our research of all the places and sites we wanted to see, and then started soliciting offers from this wonderful site.

A ton of agents responded with great offers and very nice itineraries, but Cairo Star Travel was the first, and their package and service sounded the best.

I started communicating with the owner, a Mr. Magdy, back and forth and started getting feedback from him about his offer. What I liked most was the fact that his responses were quick, and he didn't hesitate to answer even the stickiest questions, and was willing to accomodate all my requests.

I had heard a lot of horror stories concerning shady tour operators in Egypt and was quite wary about this one as well. I tried to search on Google about any news related to this company, but nothing turned up. Infact, the "Under Construction" website was scary to me ... maybe another company trying to make a quick buck.

But regardless, after 3 days of continuous questions, I agreed to the terms and decided to bite the bullet.

It was the best decision I made.

We got to Cairo, and as promised, we were greeted by a representative, and surprisingly, Mr. Magdy himself came to receive us. His entire staff was very nice ... from the driver, to his Admin guy ... wonderful guys.

We were taken to our hotel and only after we were comfortably checked into the hotel did Mr. Magdy and his staff depart. He arranged for our Egyptologist guide to give us a brief overview while he was doing the checkin formalities, and I really liked that. We got to learn about our plans in more detail, and the next few days were laid out.

We didn't see Mr. Magdy again until our departure, but he kept in touch thru his associates and made sure everything was going smoothly and if we were encountering any problems. First class.

Walid (our Egyptologist), Ahmed (the main man :)) ), and Khalid (the driver) would pick us up every day and take us on our prescribed tours. Walid is really incredible and I really enjoyed his company. A very personable guy, who really takes pride in his work, treating every visit to a monument like it's his first time as well ... sharing our joy equally. His knowledge was thorough and he was able to answer our seemingly endless questions without the slightest hint of being impatient - I'm sure it was hard, we asked tons of questions!

Ahmed, too, is a wonderful guy and although he is limited in English, it didn't stop him from fully expressing his excitement of showing us around. Same goes for Khalid, who was an extremely kind host to us in our cool little tour van.

Our tour guide for the Upper Egypt, Mohammad, was equally as enjoyable, and showed us great enthusiasm for his work - working thru a severe muscle cramp in his legs. Poor guy was limping half the time, but made sure he was there to make sure we were taken care of. Very classy.

To make a long story short, I would recommend this agency to anyone with my eyes closed.

A truly class act agency, from the owner to the driver. Everyone took care of us, and seemed like they actually took interest in us every step of the way.

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ... if you do use them, make sure you request Walid, Ahmed, and Mohammad as your Egypt friends ;o)

Thanks to the entire team for a wonderful experience. We're sure to visit them again!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply