Tour Egypt Forums: Other Options To Come On The Forum - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Other Options To Come On The Forum We will be adding and improving to this forum system shortly

#1 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:17 AM

Look for lots of improvements to this system very shortly. There will be an integrated chat system, for example, and we are looking for different "skins", and may even make some of our own. In addition, I will also be uploading some more specifically Egyptian avatars.

Be sure to fill out the personal profile. This will also give us birthdays on the calendar, as the ones you enter in your personal profile is automatically integrated. I would also love to see all of our old regular readers complete the personal profile with pics, etc, if you can. I mean some of us live hear, so we might as well put the pictures on the walls.

I really, really think people will like this board once they get to know it a little, and like I say, we will be making improvements. :D
Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#2 User is offline   MEC 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:41 AM

Great Job Jimmy...
I think it looks bussy, but once you try to use it, everything gets so smooth and easy... :D

#3 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:25 PM

Well, maybe we can make it look a little less busy before its all said and done. We will still be working on this system for sometime to come.
Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#4 User is offline   Mary Kay 

• Queen
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Cooking, eating, birding, scrapbooking, photography, international travel, comparative religions, youth ministry and of course, EGYPT

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:28 PM

View PostJimmy Dunn, on Nov 9 2005, 10:17 PM, said:

Look for lots of improvements to this system very shortly. There will be an integrated chat system, for example, and we are looking for different "skins", and may even make some of our own. In addition, I will also be uploading some more specifically Egyptian avatars.

Be sure to fill out the personal profile. This will also give us birthdays on the calendar, as the ones you enter in your personal profile is automatically integrated. I would also love to see all of our old regular readers complete the personal profile with pics, etc, if you can. I mean some of us live hear, so we might as well put the pictures on the walls.

I really, really think people will like this board once they get to know it a little, and like I say, we will be making improvements. :D

Mr. D? Is that our MEC, Diaa?
~Queen Mary Kay~

No distance of place or lapse of time
can lessen the friendship of those
who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth

#5 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:29 PM

I think I figured out a way to make it a little less busy, but I will have to wait until Monday to impliment this.

View PostMr. D, on Nov 10 2005, 01:41 AM, said:

Great Job Jimmy...
I think it looks bussy, but once you try to use it, everything gets so smooth and easy... :D

Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#6 User is offline   Nomad 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:29 PM

It all looks very good to me :D

#7 User is offline   Ann from Belgium 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Interests:Egyptology, photography, music, biking, reading

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:09 PM

Let's see if this works...
As far as I can tell at the moment I think this new form is absolutely an improvement ! More possibilities etc Guess we'll just have to get used to it and after some time will be verrrry happy with this new forum ! Thanks for all the work Jimmy :D
Ann
-------------------------------------
Do you like Egypt pictures ? Visit my blog : http://wildebloemen-fotos.skynetblogs.be and click the "Egypte"-tag. Your comments are very welcome.

#8 User is offline   Mary Kay 

• Queen
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Cooking, eating, birding, scrapbooking, photography, international travel, comparative religions, youth ministry and of course, EGYPT

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:23 AM

Now I am noticing that in the upper right, it says "0 new messages" when in fact there are new messages to be read, because there is a little orange box by the topic title. Shawna, I think maybe this needs to be looked into. BTW, everytime I see your name, I think of the scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off when Jennifer Gray meets Charlie Sheen in the Police Dept and calls herself "Shawna".... :-)
~Queen Mary Kay~

#9 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:40 AM

We will fix this.
Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#10 User is offline   Goldie 

• Queen
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Special
  • Interests:I don't have any interests except trying to keep my head above water.

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:37 AM

View PostJimmy Dunn, on Nov 12 2005, 10:10 AM, said:

We will fix this.

Okay I want to know how come the newest or last message can't be at the top....? Or will we just have to get used to scrolling down through all the messages until we get to the latest one???

#11 User is offline   MEC 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:18 AM

View PostMary Kay, on Nov 10 2005, 09:28 PM, said:

Mr. D? Is that our MEC, Diaa?

Yes MK, This is me Mr. D AKA MEC... which one you would like me to use??? :D

#12 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

just so you know, I am keeping up with any problems, and suggestions. I think probably we can reverse the order of the messages in the settup so that the last comes up first, and we will get the new message problem fixed.
Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#13 User is offline   Dora 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Interests:Egypt, Egypt, Egypt and Egypt.

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:47 AM

View PostMr. D, on Nov 12 2005, 12:18 PM, said:

Yes MK, This is me Mr. D AKA MEC... which one you would like me to use??? :D

Ah, Diaa,

Don't disappoint Esmaa and show her that you grew up (a little bit). I thought "Mr. D" a great advantage!! Showing that you are now ready to enter the real world!!

Really; "MEC" was kind of adolescent to my idea!!

Now you have found your loved one, why the need for "MEC" any more??????

Save that "MEC" for Esmaa!!!!!! It is her property!!! Not ours any more!

Ya Sadique!!!!
Dora.

#14 User is offline   Gatekeeperdi 

• Artisan
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Ancient history, especially Egyptian. Reading, listening to music, travelling, gardening and photography.

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:08 AM

Hiya,

The new format looks great!
:)

Thanks for all the hard work Jimmy. I`m hoping that I`ll be able to post a bit easier on here too. I had similar problems to Karen on the old forum I`m afraid.

I hope everyone finds there way over here soon anyway.

Di
Gateway To Ancient Egypt
http://www.gatewaytoancientegypt.co.uk

#15 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:50 PM

OK, the thing is, the 0 New Messages you are looking at are personal messages to you. You have none, so it is 0. In order to see new messages in general, click on the My Assistant next to that and and then click on new posts.

View PostMary Kay, on Nov 11 2005, 11:23 PM, said:

Now I am noticing that in the upper right, it says "0 new messages" when in fact there are new messages to be read, because there is a little orange box by the topic title. Shawna, I think maybe this needs to be looked into. BTW, everytime I see your name, I think of the scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off when Jennifer Gray meets Charlie Sheen in the Police Dept and calls herself "Shawna".... :-)

Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#16 User is offline   Mary Kay 

• Queen
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:20 AM

Wonder why it didn't seem to work when I tried to send you a PM the other day.
~Queen Mary Kay~

#17 User is offline   MEC 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:47 AM

View PostDora, on Nov 13 2005, 03:47 AM, said:

Ah, Diaa,

Don't disappoint Esmaa and show her that you grew up (a little bit). I thought "Mr. D" a great advantage!! Showing that you are now ready to enter the real world!!

Really; "MEC" was kind of adolescent to my idea!!

Now you have found your loved one, why the need for "MEC" any more??????

Save that "MEC" for Esmaa!!!!!! It is her property!!! Not ours any more!

Ya Sadique!!!!
Dora.

My Dear Friend Dora,
Being Mr. D or MEC won't disapont Asmaa at all, but being MEC is always needed, wether i found my loved one or not. Besides, I always have some friends I do love and they do love me (Like my friends on my beloved board).
:)

#18 User is offline   Shawna 

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:36 PM

Okay I want to know how come the newest or last message can't be at the top....? Or will we just have to get used to scrolling down through all the messages until we get to the latest one???

A suggestion: Click on "View new posts" at the top. It'll show you a list of topics which have posts that you have not seen since you last logged in. From the list of topics, there is an orangey-red square to the left of the first letter of the topic title. Click on this square. It will jump you down to the new part of that thread. Hope this makes it easier for you. :)
Shawna
Tour Egypt Forums Admin

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic