• You cannot reply to this topic

"first Time"

#1 User is offline   Stella 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:14 AM

Hi everyone!

I wanted to talk a little about a legend which I found very interesting, of the First Time. It says that, a very long time ago, in the beginning, gods and humans lived together on earth, in peace and harmony. That until, and I am not sure of the accuracy of this information, humans banished the gods, unsatisfied by their rule. I have very little information on this,just this basic idea. I'm not even sure where I read about this story. Hence, I must seek for your help. If any of you knows more or, even better, knows a place of the internet with original texts I would be forever grateful if you redirect me there.
If you do not want to post links on this forum feel free to send me an e-mail with wahtever you find.

It would mean the world for me.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:In no particular order: Egypt (Duh!), History, Hunting, Fishing, Photography, Music, Art, Computers ...
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:36 AM

View PostStella, on Nov 15 2007, 03:14 AM, said:

Hi everyone!

I wanted to talk a little about a legend which I found very interesting, of the First Time. It says that, a very long time ago, in the beginning, gods and humans lived together on earth, in peace and harmony. That until, and I am not sure of the accuracy of this information, humans banished the gods, unsatisfied by their rule. I have very little information on this,just this basic idea. I'm not even sure where I read about this story. Hence, I must seek for your help. If any of you knows more or, even better, knows a place of the internet with original texts I would be forever grateful if you redirect me there.
If you do not want to post links on this forum feel free to send me an e-mail with wahtever you find.

It would mean the world for me.

Thanks.

Not sure if you are referring to the banishment of Seth after his defeat by Horus?

Or

Are you referring to Akhenaten who, abandoned the old gods, decreeing that Aten, the divine embodiment of the sun's life-giving warmth, was Egypt's one true god and that the pharaoh was the earthly incarnation through which Aten must be worshiped?

Or

Are referring to the abandonment of the ancient Egyptian religion after the conquest of the Egyptians by the Romans (and later the adoption of Christianity)?

Or

Something completely different (per Monty Python)?
Like I tell my kids when they call me old --
It ain't the years, its the mileage!

Our homepage

#3 User is offline   Stella 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:17 AM

like i said, i remember something about this story, but i am not sure of the initial context in which i encountered it.
however, i do not thing it has anything to do with Akhenaton. Nor with Seth And Horus. i know those stories and it is nothing like that. all gods lives on Earth, with the humans, until they were all banished. i know it sounds a bit strange - gods banished by humans and not otherwise (no "Destruction of Mankind)

the uncertainty determined me to seek help.

P.S. i did find a reference to this on this site. here's the address: http://touregypt.net/gods1.htm

#4 User is offline   Lucky768 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

Hey Stella...
First you have to find out from where you have heard about the Gods on earth..
Mite be possible that you find it in some movie.... And you are thinking that you have heard of it from someone....
As far as I know "Gods belongs to the sky"...

#5 User is offline   Madeleineigg 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

Yes this would be found very interesting.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic