Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:12 AM

Cockroaches get a bad rap

#62 User is offline   cquinn819 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:00 AM

View Posts_mack, on Nov 25 2008, 07:17 PM, said:

I got a quote from this company, but it seemed REALLY expensive. Of all the based-in-Egypt quotes we got theirs was the most expensive, but also the most detailed. The only ones more expensive were the ones based in the US. I guess I figured the root admin of a site like this would have dug out the best deal... and quite possibly you did! So I guess my question... did you pay a high price, a low price... a middle price? (ie. would you call them expensive?). Its just if we went with their price we couldn't afford anything else... at all. Thanks.

We used Royal Egypt when we travelled in August. We researched lots of tour companies - had many many quotes. We chose Royal Egypt because they were not the cheapest - but not the most expensive. Actually their quote for our 10 day trip seemed quite reasonable. It included a private car, driver and guide. Along with a tour director who oversaw the entire trip. In Cairo, Alexandria and Luxor we had Egyptologists as our guides. This was so helpful and made the difference for the trip. To be in a group of 3 - and have the hieroglyphics and history explained to just our group was amazing. You see lots of tours with 30plus people straining to hear the guide and not being able to follow along very well. Our quote included trips to Abu Simbel and Alexandria (which meant a private van for 3 hours each way each trip). And many meals were included. Also all of the entrance fees were included. Not included was bottled water, souvenirs, a few meals and tipping.
I'm sure that Ms. Naglaa would work with you to perhaps figure out a way to streamline your expenses - perhaps different hotels, a change in itinerary etc. (I'd still pass on the cockroaches if I were you:)
I was apprehensive about the company (without a website, etc.) too. But realized that business around the world is often conducted in different manners. We recommend Royal Egypt very highly. We are hoping to return soon and will use them again.

#63 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:In no particular order: Egypt (Duh!), History, Hunting, Fishing, Photography, Music, Art, Computers ...
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:32 PM

The subject of cost comes up a lot on this board and I got something in the mail today that might put some of the prices that are quoted by the AETBI agencies in perspective. I subscribe the BAR (Biblical Archaeology Society) and National Geographic magazines. Every once in a while, I get a message that one or the other is sponsoring a trip to Egypt. I don't normally look too closely at these ads, but curiosity got the better of me today. Here is a link to the details for a 2 week trip in Feb. 2009. It looks like a wonderful trip but, my jaw dropped when I saw the price tag -$5600 US per person (based on double occupancy - $1400 single supplement) not including international air-fare and Abu Simbel is a $250 optional add on. Say what you want, but the last time I got quotes from the AETBI companies, nothing even came close to those numbers.
Like I tell my kids when they call me old --
It ain't the years, its the mileage!

Our homepage

#64 User is offline   Sampa 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:01 PM

View Posts_mack, on Nov 25 2008, 10:17 PM, said:

I got a quote from this company, but it seemed REALLY expensive. Of all the based-in-Egypt quotes we got theirs was the most expensive, but also the most detailed. The only ones more expensive were the ones based in the US. I guess I figured the root admin of a site like this would have dug out the best deal... and quite possibly you did! So I guess my question... did you pay a high price, a low price... a middle price? (ie. would you call them expensive?). Its just if we went with their price we couldn't afford anything else... at all. Thanks.

We just returned yesterday from a memorable tour of Egypt.

Thnaks to Sparkman which prompted us to choose ROYAL EGYPT among others. We had quotations from three other operators and ROYAL EGYPT were comparable to TWO others. Only BESTWAY travel was quite cheaper but their choice of hotels were very poor. We were accommodated in excellent hotels and Cruise. We are happy that we didn't make the choice based on cost only.

We were a group of eleven travelers (including four kids and three ladies) and such care was taken by Mr. Wahid and his team that we never faced any difficulties despite having quite busy plan. In eleven days we visited Cairo, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Nile-Cruise and Sharm Al-Sheikh. All the plans were perfect and were executed perfectly.

The guide provided was very knowledgeable, the private bus for sight-seeing was comfortable and the team were very courteous, helpful and accommodating.

Right from beginning of tour-plan Mr. Wahid and Ms. Naglaa were very helpful and willing to change/rechange the plan to suit our requirements. On arriving Egypt they gave us a local sim-card and called on us almost everyday to check if we were comfortable. His concerns are highly appreciated. Our calls to him, at any hours of the day, were promptly answered and all help requests were taken care of almost immediately.

I am sure that my next trip to Egypt shall be only and only with ROYAL EGYPT. I recommend them to everybody planning to spend some quality and comfortable time in Egypt.

Ciao
Sampa

#65 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:In no particular order: Egypt (Duh!), History, Hunting, Fishing, Photography, Music, Art, Computers ...

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

View PostSampa, on Dec 16 2008, 07:01 AM, said:

We just returned yesterday from a memorable tour of Egypt.

Thnaks to Sparkman which prompted us to choose ROYAL EGYPT among others. We had quotations from three other operators and ROYAL EGYPT were comparable to TWO others. Only BESTWAY travel was quite cheaper but their choice of hotels were very poor. We were accommodated in excellent hotels and Cruise. We are happy that we didn't make the choice based on cost only.

We were a group of eleven travelers (including four kids and three ladies) and such care was taken by Mr. Wahid and his team that we never faced any difficulties despite having quite busy plan. In eleven days we visited Cairo, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Nile-Cruise and Sharm Al-Sheikh. All the plans were perfect and were executed perfectly.

The guide provided was very knowledgeable, the private bus for sight-seeing was comfortable and the team were very courteous, helpful and accommodating.

Right from beginning of tour-plan Mr. Wahid and Ms. Naglaa were very helpful and willing to change/rechange the plan to suit our requirements. On arriving Egypt they gave us a local sim-card and called on us almost everyday to check if we were comfortable. His concerns are highly appreciated. Our calls to him, at any hours of the day, were promptly answered and all help requests were taken care of almost immediately.

I am sure that my next trip to Egypt shall be only and only with ROYAL EGYPT. I recommend them to everybody planning to spend some quality and comfortable time in Egypt.

Ciao
Sampa

They provided you guys a phone sim? I haven't heard of that one before, but it does seem like a very good idea. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Our homepage

#66 User is offline   s_mack 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

Hi all. I got really busy and plans were put on hold for a bit. I now have airfare settled though and I'll be going mid-Jan to end-Jan. I'm waiting on Royal Egypt for an updated itinerary with the new dates and 1-day shorter stay (only reasonable airfare I could get was exactly 13 nights) but from the comments made here I believe I will go with them. My original statement regarding cost wasn't exactly an apples-to-apples... rookie mistake. It incuded a trip to Jordan and I hadn't realized how much that would add. In my defence I asked them for a quote with that as an add-on but they just gave me a total, and yeah... I had some sticker shock. But after taking that out, they are right there with many of the other quotes. there are several cheaper but there are a LOT more expensive and none have the kind of reviews these guys do so I am comfortable going with them.

When I get the itinerary set, I'll post here if nobody minds and perhaps you can suggest changes? Actually, I'll make a new topic but I'll post a link to it here. Few days probably... they tend to take that long to respond to each email.

- Steven

#67 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

View Posts_mack, on Dec 16 2008, 12:29 PM, said:

Hi all. I got really busy and plans were put on hold for a bit. I now have airfare settled though and I'll be going mid-Jan to end-Jan. I'm waiting on Royal Egypt for an updated itinerary with the new dates and 1-day shorter stay (only reasonable airfare I could get was exactly 13 nights) but from the comments made here I believe I will go with them. My original statement regarding cost wasn't exactly an apples-to-apples... rookie mistake. It incuded a trip to Jordan and I hadn't realized how much that would add. In my defence I asked them for a quote with that as an add-on but they just gave me a total, and yeah... I had some sticker shock. But after taking that out, they are right there with many of the other quotes. there are several cheaper but there are a LOT more expensive and none have the kind of reviews these guys do so I am comfortable going with them.

When I get the itinerary set, I'll post here if nobody minds and perhaps you can suggest changes? Actually, I'll make a new topic but I'll post a link to it here. Few days probably... they tend to take that long to respond to each email.

- Steven

I'm sure everyone here will be happy to help - and throw in our 2 cents worth ;-)

Our homepage

#68 User is offline   s_mack 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

Cool, they got back to me quick this time. So armed with my updated itinerary and having read a couple reviews of the hotels... here is my post I'd appreciate comments on. Thanks!

- Steven

#69 User is offline   ShankyDelhi 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

[
Hi
Can you send me the contact details of Royal egypt too !!
Thanks.

quote name='Spark_man' date='May 23 2008, 08:05 PM' post='5633']
PM sent, check you messages.

If this keeps up, I'm going to expect flowers on Secretary's Day!
[/quote]

#70 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

View PostShankyDelhi, on Mar 22 2009, 03:57 AM, said:

[
Hi
Can you send me the contact details of Royal egypt too !!
Thanks.

quote name='Spark_man' date='May 23 2008, 08:05 PM' post='5633']
PM sent, check you messages.

If this keeps up, I'm going to expect flowers on Secretary's Day!

Try this.

Our homepage

#71 User is offline   bradio 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:09 AM

Gday all, just wanted to reinforce the standard of service provided by Royal Egypt tours. We have spoken with a number of references( spark man and funsun to name but 2) and decided to use this provider for our tour in Dec 2009. Naglaa has been nothing but exceptional and even when i was worried about paying the deposit she was reassuring and supportive and they even offered me an alternative payment plan(which allows us to hedge on the exchange rate a little). The service prior to booking has been excellent and since receiving part payment i have changed the itinerary they provided and they have been more than accomodating. Not only did they agree to my changes as a result of organising a different hotel for my last night they also offered a reduction to the initial quote. I feel as safe as a bank and look forward to reporting my experience upon my return and to my business collegues who are looking at going to africa/egypt in mid to late 2010. I am just really happy to report the service prior to and after booking with them has been fantastic. Regards Bradio.

#72 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:52 PM

View PostSuzy, on Jul 2 2009, 09:53 PM, said:

HII!! ok whew im glad there is an update review thats just as good as the others!!

so here is my dilema, my friend and I are trying to plan a trip through another agency and to our disapointment they never respond to our emails in a timely manner and when they do they never asnswer all our questions. our trip is in 2 WEEKS. ah!! Had i seen all these great reviews in the first place i wouldnt have wasted my time with cinderella tours to begin with!! >=P !!!

If anyone can please please please give me a contact email for Royal Egypt It would be such a great help, im so worried my freind and i will be stranded for 15 days in egypt without a guide and neither of us has ever gone before!!! our flight is already booked!!!

Thank you,
Desperate deserted and alone. (excited!) but mostly desperate...

Not too sure what can be done at this late date, but you should be able to find Royal Egypt's contact info here. They should respond to one of those email addresses. If you want to phone them, Wahid's number is +20 129173217 and Naglaa can be reached at +20 103803100.

Best of Luck!

Our homepage

#73 User is offline   scotsgirl 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

our trip is in 2 WEEKS. ah!!

Hi Suzy,

Contact Egypt-quality-tours, they should be able to accomodate you at short notice, your tour would be with a qualified Egyptologist, and guaranteed to be at a reasonable price.

Scotsgirl

#74 User is offline   inwester 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:58 AM

We visited Egypt during April 2009 for a week and we had booked a packaged tour through Royal Egypt. The quote they gave was definitely not the cheapest and was accommodation was supposed to be in 5-star hotels. Well, I know there are a lot of people who are writing great things about Royal Egypt, but we didn't have the greatest experience. First of all, they subcontract these tours to other small operators. Ours was Academy tours and all guides were either Ahmed or Mohammed. We met with a guy called George from Academy who apparently lived in the States for quite sometime.

There were several people who assisted/drove us around/guides/ etc. etc. I would say we saw at least some 15 people or more in this 7 days and everyone wanted a tip. They take you to perfume store, papyrus painting 'gallery', carpet school, etc but never buy a thing from these places. If they quote 1000 Egyptian pounds, then the stuff is probably worth 50! Yeah, that's not exaggeration. They took us to restaurants where the prices were jacked up just because we were tourists and we were given a different menu. I have lots of complaints other than this about Egypt in general. We liked the place, pyramids, temples, Cairo city, market, mosques, Alexandria, Luxor etc, but people in general were horrible. Everyone wants money from you and they lie without a shame. If you reject something they behave rude and swear at you. They want to charge 10 pounds for a bottle of water when its actually 1-2. They want to charge you 1000 pounds for a papyrus painting when it's actually 50-100. They charge you 400 for a perfume/some crap mixed with water, when its probably worth 10. The guides are in a hurry, they want to take you to places where they can make money from you. The only few places we had some kind of an honest experience was in Alexandria when we decided not to go eat at a restaurant where the guide suggested and instead went to a local restaurant, and in Khan market where we skipped the touristy places and gelled with locals (I'm brown skin, from Asia and had a goatee at that time). Apparently, poor people don't want your money and were quite honest, its the fat rich jerks who deals with tourists want to rip you off.

The first two days they ripped us off quite badly, but the next 4 days we kind of got a sense of how things work in Egypt. I can keep writing more stuff regarding all this, but please be careful in Egypt. You will think you are getting a bargain when they lower the price from 2000 to 1000, but its actually only worth 50!

Finally we complained to Wahid (the boss of Royal Egypt?) and he gave us some of our money back (well $50 duh!). We had a good time nevertheless, but the tour operators, guides, restaurateurs, taxi drivers, pretty much anyone who was selling something and their greed left a sour taste. SMack seems quite right in his evaluation of Royal Egypt.

#75 User is offline   julianne2010 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

I was the American guy with his girlfriend. We enjoyed our trip very much, Jordan extension was great too. Everything was great until the night we were leaving and Mr. Wahed met us at the airport to say goodbye and get our insight on the tour.

#76 User is offline   lozz 

• Artisan
  • PipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:Egyptology

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

View Postjulianne2010, on Oct 15 2010, 06:15 AM, said:

I was the American guy with his girlfriend. We enjoyed our trip very much, Jordan extension was great too. Everything was great until the night we were leaving and Mr. Wahed met us at the airport to say goodbye and get our insight on the tour.

Hi American Guy (Julianne2010)

Welcome to the board, my name is Lozz.
I'm curious - what happened when Mr Wahed met you at the airport to say goodbye?

An Egyptomaniac,

Regards,

Lozz. :)

#77 Guest_apriljune_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:43 AM

View PostSpark_man, on Mar 23 2008, 12:40 PM, said:

I suspect that it was simply a misunderstanding. I personnally met Mr. Santino at the start of his trip and I doubt that he was trying to get over on Royal Egypt. I also know that Mr. Wahid is far more interested in making sure his clients have a memorable trip than worrying over $30. From reading the above, this must have been a very uncomfortable situation for them both.

I'll tell you what - if it is still a big deal for either party, I'll cover the $30. Just tell me where to send the check. :rolleyes:

Hey, Spark_man,
Since you have been there in Egypt many times, is it ok and safe to bring gadgets? I have read this about the situation between Mr. Santino and Mr. Wahid, should I need to bring extra money just to avoid this for in case? are the agencies giving guidelines of those possible situations that might occur during the tour?

thanks in advance..

Your quote shows great!... :)

#78 User is offline   zechiah_13 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

spark man,

Can i have the contact details of Royal Egypt Tour pleassseee....

Thank you! :huh:

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply