Tour Egypt Forums: Ct Visualises Mummy Still Locked In The Coffin - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1

Ct Visualises Mummy Still Locked In The Coffin 30-year-old seen for first time in 3,000 years

#1 User is offline   Joerg 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Apart from Egypt and animals the whole list would go beyond the scope of this profile.
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:30 PM

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- The beautiful singer was about 30 years old when the world forgot about her. But now we know what she looks like for the first time in nearly 3,000 years.

It's all thanks to one of the most sophisticated CT scanners in the world. Without even cracking open the Egyptian casket, you can now see the smallest details of the woman's features. Her skin, muscles and bones are intact.

"Her eyes are set far apart, and she has a very full mouth and high cheek bones. You know, I think I could recognize this individual if I saw her in life," said Michael Vannier, a radiologist at the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Egyptologist Emily Teeter recruited Vannier to help her get a look at the mummy no one had seen. Teeter is a researcher at the Oriental Institute, a small museum on the University of Chicago campus where the mysterious mummy was first brought in 1920.
READ MORE

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ~Mintaka~ 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:I love Ancient Egpytian History, my Favorite Pharaoh, is Hatshepsut... My favorite movies are the Mummy series, what else? My favorite writer is Wilbur Smith. My favorite singer is Tina Turner...and I love the guitar of Jesse Cook...I love playing the Tomb Raider series..I don't care for Country music. I am not a political or a religious person, I am agnostic... my favorite colors are purple, black and leopard print lol. My house and gardens all reflect Africa and Egpyt. Most of my spare time is devoted to my site called Beyond the Nile. I have just finnished writing a story on the Curse of the Boy King and now working on the Pyramids and other things ...Most people think I'm out of my tree because of my passion for Egypt. I'm a proud mother of a beautiful 24 year old daughter, Jessica.<br />P.S. I believe that OJ and Scot Peterson are guilty, and that the Princeess Diana was murdered and there was a conspiracy behind the murder of JFK... lol!!!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

Amazing!!!
Thanks for the post.
Luv & huggs,
~Mintaka~

#3 User is offline   lin 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like photography, travelling as many places in the world that I can..making cards and calenders, and doing crosswords...Hieroglyphs

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

That is truly amazing, thanks for sharing!

Lin :(
Lin

Egypt is an Image of the Heavens, and the whole Cosmos dwells in this its Sanctuary

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply