Page 1 of 1

Shore Excursion Trip To Cairo

#1 User is offline   maria di meglio 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hello all

Last week we visited Egypt by costa cruise line that arrived to Alexandria port ,stayed just for one day.

We contacted before arrival local travel agency called Ramses tours they offerd reasonable price ,
as promised upon arrival we find our guide waiting us , We were group of 5 people

We drove to cairo 3 hours till we reached the aera of the Pyramids ,I canT talk enough about our feeling when we saw the pyramids for the frist sight , our guide took us to panaoramic spot where we can see the three pyramids together
i took afoto as if i touch the top of the pyramid (I recommend every one to take foto like this ..lol)

We went for lunch in ahotel called Sofitel le sphinx ,we liked the food so much
then we visited papayrus museum,perfume institute then we asked our guide to take us to ride felucca in the Nile we stayed in the feluuca around one hour sailing in heart of Cairo.

The highlight of our trip was Egyptian Museum,the jewels of Tut ank amun
Its really amazing monuments in Egyptiam museum,our guide said that its the oldest museum in the world
but i was just sorry that the pieces were not organized,the lighting system is not good.

In general we enjoyed so much our trip to Cairo
I would like to thank our guide ahmed for his help,show us every thing we wanted ,was very flexible
i would highly recommend the guide of Ramses tours ahmed if you will visit cairo

Maria

#2 User is offline   =Bree= 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

While being for two days in Cairo i was able to visit Pyramids of Giza, Egyptian Museum and Khan al-Khalili. By the way, if you have two days or more, depending on the time of arrival and departure, it is adviceable to spend a full day visiting pyramids. The second day we spent in the city, starting out with the egyptian museum. I recommend everyone to have a good guide book or at least some preparations with you, since the museum is more than 100 years old, and that maintenance and modern museology with clearly written labels and signs is almost non-existant at the museum. I and my family enjoyed the trip greatly. Find time to visit this place of amazement! :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply