Tour Egypt Forums: Nudism - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nudism nudism venue

#1 Guest_SimplyNudist_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:20 PM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but anyway, here we go...

I am a nudist seeking places for nude recreation in Egypt. I've been contacting people specialized in offering travel services over the last few months about the possibility of nudist recreation in Egypt, and some have suggested 'Abu Galoum' beach in Dahab as a destination, as well as mentioned that several hotels dedicate parts of their private beaches to nudist residents, although didn't specify any particular hotel names. Is anyone interested in nudist recreation in Egypt, or, had any past experiences with nudist recreation in the area, whether at official or unofficial venues? I was hoping that someone would give me a different take on the topic. I know that toplessness is largely tolerated on most beaches in Sharm ElSheikh, but I have yet to see a public beach that allows nudity. I thought I'd set up this thread in case any of the forum members was interested in learning more about nudist possibilities in Egypt.

If anyone is familiar with KCN, Kiev Commonwealth Of Naturists, a nudist group situated in Russia which often releases documentaries about their whereabouts, then you'd probably know that last year they shot a documentary about their nudist holiday in Egypt. While I haven't seen the documentary myself, I've read an article in H & E (Health & Efficiency) magazine, a nudist specialized magazine, that was written by one of the members about the whole experience. Although it had a lot of wrong assumptions and misinterpretations about the culture and customs, it did provide a fair account on how much a person can get away with nudist recreation in Egypt.

Moreover, I've set up a Yahoo group, MENANaturist (MENA short for Middle East/ North Africa) for those interested in the nudist lifestyle or looking for nudist opportunities in the region.

The group link is
groups.yahoo.com/group/MENANaturist/

Feel free to join if you are interested.

#2 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:23 AM

I really know of no actual nudist venue in Egypt, and I have some doubts whether thare actually are any. I think what the travel services are referring to is simply some isolated topless sunbathing. Some, particularly European travelers, do so in Egypt and probably some hotels do have beaches set aside for this sort of thing, and perhaps Dahab might be such a place. It was once sort of known as a hippy haven. But in general it is not nudism, just topless sunbathing. However, I cannot say in complete confidence that there is not something somewhere. I just have not run across such a place, and of course it is my job to know about most travel to Egypt.

You must keep in mind that Egypt is a conservative society, and while perhaps more liberal (or rather moderate) than many other Islamic societies, nudism would not be well accepted amongst the Egyptians. But again, who knows about some of the European oriented hotels on the south and east Sinia coast.

View PostSimplyNudist, on Jan 2 2006, 05:20 PM, said:

I am a nudist seeking places for nude recreation in Egypt. I've been contacting people specialized in offering travel services over the last few months about the possibility of nudist recreation in Egypt, and some have suggested 'Abu Galoum' beach in Dahab as a destination, as well as mentioned that several hotels dedicate parts of their private beaches to nudist residents, although didn't specify any particular hotel names. Is anyone interested in nudist recreation in Egypt, or, had any past experiences with nudist recreation in the area, whether at official or unofficial venues? I was hoping that someone would give me a different take on the topic. I know that toplessness is largely tolerated on most beaches in Sharm ElSheikh, but I have yet to see a public beach that allows nudity. I thought I'd set up this thread in case any of the forum members was interested in learning more about nudist possibilities in Egypt.

If anyone is familiar with KCN, Kiev Commonwealth Of Naturists, a nudist group situated in Russia which often releases documentaries about their whereabouts, then you'd probably know that last year they shot a documentary about their nudist holiday in Egypt. While I haven't seen the documentary myself, I've read an article in H & E (Health & Efficiency) magazine, a nudist specialized magazine, that was written by one of the members about the whole experience. Although it had a lot of wrong assumptions and misinterpretations about the culture and customs, it did provide a fair account on how much a person can get away with nudist recreation in Egypt.

Moreover, I've set up a Yahoo group, MENANaturist (MENA short for Middle East/ North Africa) for those interested in the nudist lifestyle or looking for nudist opportunities in the region.

The group link is

Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#3 Guest_SimplyNudist_*

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:47 PM

View PostJimmy Dunn, on Jan 15 2006, 06:23 AM, said:

I really know of no actual nudist venue in Egypt, and I have some doubts whether thare actually are any. I think what the travel services are referring to is simply some isolated topless sunbathing. Some, particularly European travelers, do so in Egypt and probably some hotels do have beaches set aside for this sort of thing, and perhaps Dahab might be such a place. It was once sort of known as a hippy haven. But in general it is not nudism, just topless sunbathing. However, I cannot say in complete confidence that there is not something somewhere. I just have not run across such a place, and of course it is my job to know about most travel to Egypt.

Thanks for your reply :) I've been to the Red Sea area before and I know that toplessness is tolerated on some of the beaches, although officially, every hotel puts on a sign that topless sunbathing is prohibited. I guess most of the hotels are loosening it up a bit to attract more tourists who'd want no restrictions on the way they want to spend their vacation. Well I am 100% positive that there aren't any *official* nudist beaches in Egypt, it doesn't mean that some people can get away with it. I personally know an Aussie friend who's lived in Egypt a couple of years ago, and says he's been able to go nude on isolated parts of different beaches around the Red Sea area. A couple of reports from several nudist publications suggest that some hotels in Hurghada house their own small, private, tourists-only (to avoid the peepers) nudist beaches. A friend of mine who works with a travel agency pointed out to me that one particular Abu Galum beach in Dahab is the only nudist (not topless, nudist) beach open to public, although I quite imagine that it'd be a secluded, isolated area. I am trying to gather as much information as possible about different experiences with nudist recreation in Egypt as I try to help vacationers in Egypt who want to get away with some nude vacationing, or interested locals, as well as I myself am a nudist and I'd like to know more about the opportunities available.

View PostJimmy Dunn, on Jan 15 2006, 06:23 AM, said:

You must keep in mind that Egypt is a conservative society, and while perhaps more liberal (or rather moderate) than many other Islamic societies, nudism would not be well accepted amongst the Egyptians. But again, who knows about some of the European oriented hotels on the south and east Sinia coast.

I am quite aware of that fact. I am Egyptian myself, I've lived all my life in Egypt so I am quite aware of the inner workings of the culture and society here. Well I am sure that nudism wouldn't be widely accepted by the community, it doesn't mean that there are people out there who, like me, are nudists but are not quite outspoken about it, or ones who have a positive attitude towards nudity and wouldn't mind trying. Which is partially why I've put this post here in the first place, hoping that it might grab the attention of some of you who are nudists or want to try nudism, seeing that some of the board members are from outside Egypt and might have more of an open mind towards nudism.

#4 Guest_Hushosa_*

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:48 PM

I'm not a "nudist" although I have done it some times started in Germany Freiburg in 1991 on a lake with my ex girl freind and it seemed like a socity of nudes over there. It was a phase of my life when I wanted to try every thing. Here in Egypt I was tempted to do it when I started to do my recent job as a desert tour guide in Sinai and we used to go diving and camping on the beach with european tourists on very isolated beaches along the coast from Taba to Sharm El Sheikh. Unfortunatly almost all of theses nice sandy beaches are now 5 stars hotels. Even Abu Galloum there is now regular excurssions sold in Sharm el Sheikh to it and there is a beduin tent held over there.
The only possible way to have this experience in Egypt would be by forming small groups of broad minded (nudists) and go camping on one of the few only remaining isolated beaches in Sinai and South of Hurghada. If this can sell well I can help as strictly business.

Cheers :)

#5 Guest_JK78_*

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:27 AM

Btw, there is something wrong in your yahoo group: groups.yahoo.com/group/MENANaturist/
, I tried to access it but to to no avail, may be there is a spelling mistake in the URL or did u delete it?

#6 User is offline   Egypt Emperor 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:47 AM

simplynudist , i'm an Egyptian young man and i want first to say that you are welcom in Egypt at any time , you and other tourists from all over the world

But i want also to remind you that here in egypt we have different culure and different minds , and among the different attitudes is that nudity and showing off your body is not liked and not welcomed by the people in egypt, this is not because we are backward people or have immature minds...on the contrary , we are very broad minded and we respect the woman as a human and appreciate it sometimes even more than men and so , we don't look to her as a cheap flesh and meat to stare at and allow this to be done easily on our beaches... you can enjoy our air , our sun , our beaches , our water and resorts as much as you want , but please remeber that it's our lands , and it's our culture

you may say , "well , many women are topless in sharm el sheik's beaches or so and there is places for such activities , and there is no specific laws that prohibit this" i say to you , fine...may be the law doesn't specifically prevent such activity , but remember that you make egyptian people who watch you angry , because you broke there life manner and you do something that they don't accept ... and so , don't be so sad or amazed when you hear about terrorist actions , the last one occured in Dahab less than year ago....i condemn and reject such actions that threatens innocent people and tourists but we have to admit it .., one of the causes of such terroristic actions is because that you didn't respect my culture in which we believe and nothing is gonna change it even time because it's related to religion and deep believes in Egypt

at last i say , there is many beautiful things that you can do in egypt , alot of that you will forget about the nude thing before you could finish watching the beauty of Egypt and the beautiful kind Egyptians...When you respect our culture...

And to JK78: if you are really egyptian , you will be able to read this:
انا افتكرتك هتنصف بلدك و اهلك و ده مش عيب , لكنك طلعت خول , تقدر تقول الكلام ده قدام اي مصري يا خول؟؟؟ ياخي انت مش خايف من ربنا؟؟؟ مش خايف على بلدك و اهلك؟؟؟ ممكن اي سايح يشرفنا و يستمتع و ينفع بلدنا فلوس و سياحة , بس اكيد امننا القومي و الوطني اهم...

#7 User is offline   egyptguide 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

View PostSimplyNudist, on Jan 2 2006, 11:20 PM, said:

The group link is

i can not welcome that kind of tourism at our country and i invite you to show respect for the feelings for the people of country you going to visit
you are in a muslem country and modest so important here
if you insist to be nudist in our beaches so out of our country
[size=4][size=6][size=5][size=3][size=4][size=5]seeing your name in hieroglyphic letters,under water museum,Arabic language lessons,Egypt tours herefrom egypt with love[font=Verdana][size=3][size=4]

#8 User is offline   golddune 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Dear Friends

Plz let me knoe is thier any nude beach party's in egypt
i am willing to join

thanks
gold

#9 User is offline   lin 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like photography, travelling as many places in the world that I can..making cards and calenders, and doing crosswords...Hieroglyphs
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

Hi Gold...and welcome to the board...I don't think you will find any nude beaches in Egpyt, but Maybe someone else on here may know different?

Lin. :D
Lin

Egypt is an Image of the Heavens, and the whole Cosmos dwells in this its Sanctuary

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic