Tour Egypt Forums: Traveling To Egypt - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1

Traveling To Egypt What to do after the pyramids and the Sphinx

#1 User is offline   kenneth_L 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

Hi, planning to visit Egypt with a group of friends in the new year. We will definitely visit the Pyramids and the Sphinx. But is it better to visit during the day or night? Heard that it's a totally different experience for both.

Was wondering what else to do after the pyramids and the sphinx. Any good places to recommend, or must-eat food that's in the area? something along these lines.

Greatly appreciate if someone can point me to a good website, or anything that i can get more info from.

Will be reading the forums too, but just need more infomationfor research.

Thanks alot!

Kenneth.

#2 User is offline   Joerg 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Apart from Egypt and animals the whole list would go beyond the scope of this profile.
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

View Postkenneth_L, on Dec 4 2009, 04:07 PM, said:

Hi, planning to visit Egypt with a group of friends in the new year. We will definitely visit the Pyramids and the Sphinx. But is it better to visit during the day or night? Heard that it's a totally different experience for both.

Was wondering what else to do after the pyramids and the sphinx. Any good places to recommend, or must-eat food that's in the area? something along these lines.

Greatly appreciate if someone can point me to a good website, or anything that i can get more info from.

Will be reading the forums too, but just need more infomationfor research.

Thanks alot!

Kenneth.

In order to get useful recommendations you should tell us how long and where you`ll stay in Egypt.

#3 User is offline   lin 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like photography, travelling as many places in the world that I can..making cards and calenders, and doing crosswords...Hieroglyphs

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

Hi Kenneth, welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy it...happy browsing. :)
Lin

Egypt is an Image of the Heavens, and the whole Cosmos dwells in this its Sanctuary

#4 User is offline   Pharaonick 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hi Kenneth,

There is loads to do in Cairo! You weren't majorly specific about what you like or how long you're staying, but since you asked for a website recommendation, check out http://www.nileguide...tination/cairo/ - it has loads of things to do, restaurants, bars, hotels etc, and also suggestions and guides to what to do depending on how long you have and what your interests are!

Have fun!

#5 User is offline   newtoeygpt 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

You should check out a travel guide... Africa.com has some great (free!) information on travel to Egypt on their http://www.africa.com/egypt/travel page. Check out those suggestions, they may be a good starting point for Egypt travel information !

#6 Guest_apriljune_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

Visitors are surprised to discover that those legendary pyramids are merely the tip of the archaeological iceberg. Pharaonic nations, ancient Greeks, Romans, Christians and Arab dynasties have all played their part in fashioning Egypt’s embarrassment of architectural wealth.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply