Tour Egypt Forums: Museum Closure - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Museum Closure King tur available in Nov 2010??

#1 User is offline   LDR2100 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

The Museum for Egyptian Antiquities has sent the King Tut exhibit on tour . Is it the case that the museum will be closed for renovations for 2010 and the king tut exhibit will not be open in November 2010??

#2 User is offline   GlenP 

• High Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:58 PM

View PostLDR2100, on Feb 5 2010, 07:20 PM, said:

The Museum for Egyptian Antiquities has sent the King Tut exhibit on tour . Is it the case that the museum will be closed for renovations for 2010 and the king tut exhibit will not be open in November 2010??

First I've heard of this, & there's nothing about it on Zahi Hawass' website (don't bother with the museum website as it hasn't been updated in years).

You must remember that, even when they send Tut-ankh-Amun objects on tour; though this practice was supposed to have stopped after the Selket statue, from the conopic shrine, was damaged several years ago, they never send everything.

More likely, is that you will find a similar situation to that seen last July, when a few objects were on loan/tour & the rest was in place & the museum will be open as usual (renovation works have been going on there for years, with visitors just walking around the scaffolding :D ).

#3 User is offline   mattnewhampshire 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

We were just there last week and the entire exhibit minus a few small items was there. NO pictures with camera phones, I almost lost mine

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic