Tour Egypt Forums: Secrets Of Tut-ankh-amun's Family Revealed By Dna Tests - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1

Secrets Of Tut-ankh-amun's Family Revealed By Dna Tests

#1 User is offline   GlenP 

• High Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:49 AM

It's been announced, in a press release dated to Saturday, 20/02/2010, that the mummy from KV. 55, the Edler Woman B & the Younger Woman, both from the side chamber of from Kv.35 have all been identified & that they are respectively Akh-en-Aten (Tut-ankh-Amun's father), Tiye (his great grandmother) & his, as yet unidentified, Mother.

There's some other details that have been discovered & the full story can be found here:

Press Rlelease

Hopefully, this will get people talking :)

Glen

#2 User is offline   lozz 

• Artisan
  • PipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:Egyptology
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:17 PM

View PostGlenP, on Feb 23 2010, 01:49 AM, said:

It's been announced, in a press release dated to Saturday, 20/02/2010, that the mummy from KV. 55, the Edler Woman B & the Younger Woman, both from the side chamber of from Kv.35 have all been identified & that they are respectively Akh-en-Aten (Tut-ankh-Amun's father), Tiye (his great grandmother) & his, as yet unidentified, Mother.

There's some other details that have been discovered & the full story can be found here:

Press Rlelease

Hopefully, this will get people talking :)

Glen

Hi Glen,

Wow, this is a really interesting article. I have seen something advertised recently on the Discovery Channel about it. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
What next eh!

Thanks,

Lozz.

#3 User is offline   GlenP 

• High Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:47 AM

For those living in the UK, there are two 1hour specials being shown on the Discovery chanel, this Wednesday & Thursday; 03 & 0/03/2010, at 2100 (9 pm), covering the DNA research & the results.

Glen

#4 User is offline   lin 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like photography, travelling as many places in the world that I can..making cards and calenders, and doing crosswords...Hieroglyphs

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

Hi Glen..thanks for that, already made a note of it.

Lin :)
Lin

Egypt is an Image of the Heavens, and the whole Cosmos dwells in this its Sanctuary

#5 User is offline   lozz 

• Artisan
  • PipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

View PostGlenP, on Feb 28 2010, 10:47 AM, said:

For those living in the UK, there are two 1hour specials being shown on the Discovery chanel, this Wednesday & Thursday; 03 & 0/03/2010, at 2100 (9 pm), covering the DNA research & the results.

Glen

Hi Glen,

The programmes you were referring to also aired today (Sunday 7/03/10). I recorded them so that I can watch them over again.
They ran for a total of 4 hours and I was glued to the tv. It was really exciting to see the new discoveries. I'm of the opinion that the young woman, and Tutankhamun's mother, is Nefertiti. The archaeologist, Joanne Fletcher did some research a couple of years ago on this mummy and had a pretty convincing argument for her being Nefertiti. It will be great to know for sure once and for all.

I'm off to our beloved Egypt in May, so I will have a good look around then and see what has been confirmed.

Thanks again for your info.

Regards,

Lozz. :angry:

#6 User is offline   lozz 

• Artisan
  • PipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

View Postlin, on Feb 28 2010, 12:46 PM, said:

Hi Glen..thanks for that, already made a note of it.

Lin :angry:

Hi Lin,

Hope you are keeping well? When are you off to Egypt again?

Regards,

Lozz :P

#7 User is offline   lin 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like photography, travelling as many places in the world that I can..making cards and calenders, and doing crosswords...Hieroglyphs

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

Hi Lozz...not going anywhere at the moment..we booked for India for next xmas...but at the moment we have too much stress....Our 21 month old G/son has just had two major 15 hour operations for a very rare cancerous brain tumour..he is now awaiting for what treatment he is going to have...Radiotherapy here or go to the States for a new Proton Radiotherapy..we're just all over the place at the moment..hopefully we will hear something this week.
He will also have to have chemo afterwards, and a scan every month till he is 18..after that age we don't know, but the chances of it coming back again are 50% - 50%..its been a living nightmare.
He's a little fighter that is for sure, the surgeon he had is the only one who would take on the actual operations, he is supposed to be the best in the country, and he told us that an adult would not have survived it...so its all prayers at the moment.
Feeling ill ourselves with the stress of it all..

Hope you are keeping well?

Regards

Lin.
Lin

Egypt is an Image of the Heavens, and the whole Cosmos dwells in this its Sanctuary

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply