Tour Egypt Forums: How To Write Your Name In Arabic - Tour Egypt Forums

• 19 Pages +
  • « First

How To Write Your Name In Arabic

#361 User is offline   Joerg 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Apart from Egypt and animals the whole list would go beyond the scope of this profile.
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

View Poststephbell, on Nov 14 2009, 03:39 PM, said:

hi could you please translate ross into arabic in large font

Steph Bell ;)

روس = Ross

#362 User is offline   stephbell 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

thanx

#363 User is offline   dannii 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:26 AM

hi guys,

just a question...

i notice danielle is exactly the same as daniel

is there anyway in arabic to separate the difference between the male name and the female name?

thanks

#364 User is offline   Gogo 

• High Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

View Postdannii, on Nov 23 2009, 12:26 PM, said:

hi guys,

just a question...

i notice danielle is exactly the same as daniel

is there anyway in arabic to separate the difference between the male name and the female name?

thanks

Dannii,

Pronunciation of vowels in Arabic is much simpler than that of vowels in English, so a slight difference between two different English words might not be "heard" in Arabic, let alone written. As you may know, vowels in Arabic are three long sounds like "A" in cat, "OO" in moon, and EE in teen, plus three short similar ones--that is "U" in fun, "OO" in book, and "I" in six. The short ones are not usually written (If they are written they are written as symbols over or under the letter), so more words would look similar.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the pronunciation of the "IE" in both names is the same or different. If its longer in any of them than the other, then you may have this distinguished in Arabic, otherwise they will be the same.

#365 User is offline   Ra'ida 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:51 AM

Could someone please tell me how to write my Arabic name in Arabic? I used to know, but I've forgotten.
Thanks so much!
Ra'ida
(Pronounced Ra-ee-da)

#366 User is offline   Joerg 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Apart from Egypt and animals the whole list would go beyond the scope of this profile.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

View PostRa'ida, on Aug 2 2010, 09:51 AM, said:

Could someone please tell me how to write my Arabic name in Arabic? I used to know, but I've forgotten.
Thanks so much!
Ra'ida
(Pronounced Ra-ee-da)

رايدة
Do you remember? :)

#367 User is offline   Ra'ida 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

View PostJoerg, on Aug 2 2010, 03:40 PM, said:

رايدة
Do you remember? :)

Thank you Joerg! Yes, I do remember. Actually I was trying to figure it out phonetically with the Arabic alphabet but wasn't sure I was right. Thanks so much for confirming!
Asalaamu alaikum,
Judy (Ra'ida)

#368 User is offline   AD1 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

View PostRa'ida, on Aug 2 2010, 05:03 PM, said:

Thank you Joerg! Yes, I do remember. Actually I was trying to figure it out phonetically with the Arabic alphabet but wasn't sure I was right. Thanks so much for confirming!
Asalaamu alaikum,
Judy (Ra'ida)

This is the phonetic name, of course.

Classical Arabic name is:

رائدة

AD

#369 User is offline   Ra'ida 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:07 AM

View PostAD1, on Aug 5 2010, 10:07 PM, said:

This is the phonetic name, of course.

Classical Arabic name is:

رائدة

AD

Thank you, AD! I thought there was a glottal stop in there someplace. Is this the spelling that is used in common usage? The name was given to me by Eastern Arabs (not sure how to spell that word "Mushrek".

Judy

#370 User is offline   AD1 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

View PostRa'ida, on Aug 6 2010, 03:07 AM, said:

Thank you, AD! I thought there was a glottal stop in there someplace. Is this the spelling that is used in common usage? The name was given to me by Eastern Arabs (not sure how to spell that word "Mushrek".

Judy

Hi Judy, it is a great name and it means "leader" or "pioneer". Eastern Arabs (Arabs of Mashreq) may be Levant Arabs and sometimes Egyptians are included in the group if you look at Mashreq from Morocco or Algeria.

I know students of Arabic are sometimes given Arabic names and some of these names are fascinating and quite uncommon.

AD

#371 User is offline   Ra'ida 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:58 AM

View PostAD1, on Aug 7 2010, 10:08 PM, said:

Hi Judy, it is a great name and it means "leader" or "pioneer". Eastern Arabs (Arabs of Mashreq) may be Levant Arabs and sometimes Egyptians are included in the group if you look at Mashreq from Morocco or Algeria.

I know students of Arabic are sometimes given Arabic names and some of these names are fascinating and quite uncommon.

AD

Thanks, again, AD. Actually, it is a very special name as it was given to me by Palestinians in an Ashbal (sp?) camp in Jordan when I was visiting the Masreq countries as a journalist. My study of Arabic was subsequent to that visit.

By the way, I have a friend who is Lebanese who is trying to find out the names of the town where here relatives come from in Lebanon. All she knows is that it is in the mountains and, as she recalls, it sounds like "Taha Boora" (with a deep, gutteral H -- haa). Does that name ring a bell for you? Would you know where it is in Lebanon?

I am a little embarassed by the name, although I can also relate to it. After it was given to me, I got lost with an Iranian partner hiking in the "steppes" of Northern Iran and was able to lead us out with the help of the moon and the stars. So perhaps there is some truth in it if I am able to fully accept it.

#372 User is offline   AD1 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:46 AM

View PostRa'ida, on Aug 8 2010, 01:58 AM, said:

Thanks, again, AD. Actually, it is a very special name as it was given to me by Palestinians in an Ashbal (sp?) camp in Jordan when I was visiting the Masreq countries as a journalist. My study of Arabic was subsequent to that visit.

By the way, I have a friend who is Lebanese who is trying to find out the names of the town where here relatives come from in Lebanon. All she knows is that it is in the mountains and, as she recalls, it sounds like "Taha Boora" (with a deep, gutteral H -- haa). Does that name ring a bell for you? Would you know where it is in Lebanon?

I am a little embarassed by the name, although I can also relate to it. After it was given to me, I got lost with an Iranian partner hiking in the "steppes" of Northern Iran and was able to lead us out with the help of the moon and the stars. So perhaps there is some truth in it if I am able to fully accept it.

So, you were a leader of the Scouts (Brownies) in Jordan. That must have been an experiece. I don't recall ever hearing of that Lebanese town's name. It could be a mountain village and there are hundreds of them. The only way to find out is to check the nearest major city and then look at a map.
I am glad you found your way back from Northern Iran; I would not want to get lost there either!

AD

#373 User is offline   Ra'ida 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

View PostAD1, on Aug 13 2010, 09:46 AM, said:

So, you were a leader of the Scouts (Brownies) in Jordan. That must have been an experiece. I don't recall ever hearing of that Lebanese town's name. It could be a mountain village and there are hundreds of them. The only way to find out is to check the nearest major city and then look at a map.
I am glad you found your way back from Northern Iran; I would not want to get lost there either!

AD

Hi AD,
Thanks for your response. I wasn't a leader of the Ashbal or anything in Jordan or the Middle East in general. I was only ever a journalist. Perhaps the hope was that I would be a leader in providing more accurate information about the situation there when I returned home to the US.
Ra'ida

#374 User is offline   Aileen 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hi there,

You translated my name into Arabic ages ago and I was hoping someone could help me with the floowoing.

I would like to know what

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE

would look like written in arabic please.

Thanking you all in advance,

Aileen

#375 User is offline   Ra'ida 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

View PostAileen, on Sep 18 2010, 03:55 PM, said:

Hi there,

You translated my name into Arabic ages ago and I was hoping someone could help me with the floowoing.

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE

Aileen

Hi Aileen,
It's nice to hear from you; however, you addressed your reply to another person who was inquiring about how to write in Arabic (me). Not sure how this works, but you might want to choose to reply to someone who has replied to me, such as AD.
Asalammu Aleikum,
Ra'ida

#376 User is offline   AD1 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

View PostAileen, on Sep 18 2010, 04:55 PM, said:

Hi there,

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE

Aileen

Hi Aileen,

Some words translate well and others don't. These words would not translate well -especially for a tattoo.

So, the choice is: Do it in English or not at all. I hope you do not use bad translation for a tattoo....

AD

#377 User is offline   dulcemojitocubano 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

Hi AD,

I hope you're still active on this forum since I see that the last entry was made half a year ago.
My friend would like to get a tattoo of her name in Arabic script. How would you write Branka in Arabic?
And while you are on it, how would you write Anja (Ania/Anya or whatever seems more applicable to write in Arabic).
Thank you soooooooooooo much!

I hope you're having a nice day! :P

#378 User is offline   AD1 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

View Postdulcemojitocubano, on Mar 9 2011, 02:20 PM, said:

Hi AD,

I hope you're still active on this forum since I see that the last entry was made half a year ago.
My friend would like to get a tattoo of her name in Arabic script. How would you write Branka in Arabic?
And while you are on it, how would you write Anja (Ania/Anya or whatever seems more applicable to write in Arabic).
Thank you soooooooooooo much!

I hope you're having a nice day! ;)

Hi there

Sorry for the long delay in answering your question. I pop in once every six months to check my mail :)

Branka is برانكا

Anya is آنيا

All the best

AD

#379 User is offline   Ekantha 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

Hello,

I've found this site and I hope that you will be able to help me, with the translation of my name.
Recently I was given a spiritual name and actually it has it's origins from Egypt.
So, the name is EKANTHA, but it's pronunciation is EKANTA.
Could you please translate it, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you in advance.
Warm regards,
Ekantha

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply