Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Luxor Balloon flights

#1 User is offline   Vampyra 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Ancient Egyptian social history.<br />Visiting Egypt, love Luxor and the Egyptian people.<br />Browsing the internet, cooking and baking cakes and gardening. Eating out and trying new foods! Holidays!
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Hi again....
previous visitor to the forums from some years back.....this will be our third trip to Egypt.....having been to Cairo twice, Luxor (third visit) Aswan and Sharm.

We will be coming back in September just for one week and have our itinerary planned pretty much as to what we want to do in the week as we will be bringing my Mum along (whose 77 years old).

We are very excited to see the new walkway of sphinx (?) from Luxor Temple to Karnak Temple and for a re-visit to the Valley of Kings, Karnak and Hatsephshut.

As it will be hubbys' birthday too, we are hoping to have another balloon flight.

Can anyone please tell me how much this costs now-a-days? First time we went with Hod Hod Suliman balloons and felt these were much better.....smaller basket held about two families so was more personal, Pilot was very informative and helpful and very hot on safety issues. Second time we went with some people who were 'recommended' by our hotel as they said we couldnt book with HodHod for some reason.....this was a much bigger balloon and held loads of people. There was a lot of pushing and shoving to be able to see the sights from the balloon and it was altogether not such a good flight. We certainly didnt feel so safe either and were happy to land.

What I would like to know is, is it still possible to book with Hod Hod or at least someone who is known to be of good safety standard and who doesnt have such huge crowds of people in the balloon at any one time?
What would be a reasonable price to pay? Happy to pay a fair price, safety being a priority, especially as we will be taking my Mum along. Shes excited but a bit worried!

Cant wait for September.

We will be stayng at the Jollie Ville as before, its so lovely....but have heard they have some works going on....is this likely to be completed by September, does anyone who has been, know?

Thanks,

Vampyra

#2 User is offline   Joerg 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Apart from Egypt and animals the whole list would go beyond the scope of this profile.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

View PostVampyra, on Feb 26 2011, 08:06 PM, said:

What I would like to know is, is it still possible to book with Hod Hod
What would be a reasonable price to pay? Cant wait for September.

Vampyra

Hod-Hod Soliman Hot Air Balloon Rides is still operating.
They charge 100 $ p/p

#3 User is offline   Vampyra 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Ancient Egyptian social history.<br />Visiting Egypt, love Luxor and the Egyptian people.<br />Browsing the internet, cooking and baking cakes and gardening. Eating out and trying new foods! Holidays!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostJoerg, on Feb 27 2011, 10:34 AM, said:

Hod-Hod Soliman Hot Air Balloon Rides is still operating.
They charge 100 $ p/p

Many thanks for your reply. :P
It was 2005 when we last came to Egypt so a long-overdue visit.

We will be taking my Mum to Karnak, Luxor Temple, Museum, Valley of Kings, Hatsepshut Temple & Rameseum, together with Feluccca sunset ride and hot air balloon.

Is it also possible to make a trip to Abydos? We only have a week in Luxor but want to fit in as much as possible, what other sites should we aim for?

(We are also hoping to pay a visit to ACE animal shelter and possibly the Sunshine Home as we did in 2005) and if any new visits to this site see this, please see if you can visit these worthwhile causes whilst in Luxor, they do such wonderful work.

#4 User is offline   lozz 

• Artisan
  • PipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:Egyptology

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

View PostVampyra, on 27 February 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

Many thanks for your reply. :P
It was 2005 when we last came to Egypt so a long-overdue visit.

We will be taking my Mum to Karnak, Luxor Temple, Museum, Valley of Kings, Hatsepshut Temple & Rameseum, together with Feluccca sunset ride and hot air balloon.

Is it also possible to make a trip to Abydos? We only have a week in Luxor but want to fit in as much as possible, what other sites should we aim for?

(We are also hoping to pay a visit to ACE animal shelter and possibly the Sunshine Home as we did in 2005) and if any new visits to this site see this, please see if you can visit these worthwhile causes whilst in Luxor, they do such wonderful work.

Hi

Just a query, how is your mum going to get in and out of the basket? Although I was helped out by one of the Egyptian helpers - poor man, I'm no lightweight - ha ha. I went with Hod Hod Soliman in 2003 and they were excellent, but had a hard time getting into the basket as the balloon is primed ready to go with men hanging onto guide ropes, so had to hurry, and I was 49 at the time. Don't want to put a damper on your plans, but i think you should consider this and ask for some info before purchasing a ticket for her as its not cheap. It is an experience though!!! I would recommend to anyone.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Lozz.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic