Bad Experience With Yamany Tours - Avoid Tour Operator Rating
Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:33 AM
1. Mobile phone and local sim card : At first he totally denied that he had agreed to providing us with a mobile and sim forcing us to run up a huge bill calling up back home to assure family and relatives that we had arrived safely. later on after a huge argument he grudgingly provided two sims.
2. Visit to solarboat at the pyramids : while visiting the pyramids the tour director denied that he had agreed to us visiting to see the solar boat from inside the building where it is housed (although in the schedule) and said that we could view it from the outside or pay extra.
3. On the first day of our schedule we wasted time at the perfume, jewelery and paintings store that the tour guide insisted on taking us. As a result we missed our last stop on the schedule i.e Memphis. This couldn't have been a problem however the tour director then insisted it was actually our fault as unbelieveably we had wasted a lot of time taking photos.
4. On the nile cruise in Luxor the room given to us was situated right next to the engine room of the boat despite my repeated notes to the tour director that it should not be the case. As a result we spent most of the next three nights constantly awake listening to the engine noise. After complaining me and my wife were told that it was "not their problem".The tour director also forgot to mention that the entire boat was catered towards german tourists with everything including the food and prices targeted towards them.
5. When part of our trip was cancelled due to the problems starting in Cairo, and we were heading back to the airport to catch a flight back to our home country, no help was forwarded from the tour director and company stating that they had problems reaching the airport, although when we arrived there we could see new arrivals coming and going.
6. When i finally asked for a refund for the lost part of my trip Yamany tours then decided to keep me hanging for a few months and then offered a meager sum if my local travel agent would provide them with a new group for egypt.
I would sincerely recommend to avoid Yamany tours as they are highly unprofessional and create a highly stressful atmosphere for their clients.
Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:07 AM
Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:18 AM