Tour Egypt Forums: Enjoy Your Egypt Tour And Avoid Complaints - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Enjoy Your Egypt Tour And Avoid Complaints Is it a reliable operator???

#1 User is offline   medusa 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:20 AM

Dear Traveler,

Welcome to Egypt and hope you will enjoy a nice trip.

As you will realize that once you have posted a tour request through our website www.touregypt.net you will receive a lot of replies from our member tour operators. Many of you will be puzzled which operator to choose until you limit your choice in 3 or 4 operators.

So I would recommend that you follow these steps before decide an operator is reliable or not:
1- You need to insure that this is a registered company in the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism, this can be done by checking our members list http://www.touregypt.net/aetbi/members.htm or by sending me an email at ahmed.a@touregypt.net.

2- You need to confirm the itinerary as agreed upon, that the services mentioned in the itinerary is what you are going to get. This should cover different aspects such as:
a- Accommodation: Confirming the names, category and room type of the hotels and cruises you already agreed upon.
b- Transportation: Ways of transportation (Domestic flights, sleeping train, seated train, local bus or a travel company vehicle).
c- Includes & Excludes: some examples could be entrance fees, meals, optional tours ...etc
d- Private or Group Tour: you need to know if this is a private tour or you will be joining a group.

3- The payment methods that the company accepts, most of the travel agents don't accept credit cards, so the payment method will be through a wire transfer or payment upon arrival. I would recommend that you would transfer a deposit for the tour in order to guarantee the booking done. Also you need to check the cancellation policy for this company before payment to avoid surprises.

4- Checking the company website specially the contact info, I myself won't rely on a company working with a free service email (hotmail, yahoo,...etc), I can't deny that some people are used for working with free emails but in this case you need to get back to us.

These are some of the procedures you need to be aware of before deciding for a company being reliable or not & to safe hours & hours researching complaints against this company over the internet.

In order to file a complaint to the Egyptian Police Tourism pls. follow this link: http://touregypt.net/touristcomplaint.htm

We are going to have a new blog on Tour Egypt main Page under the name My Egypt Tour, there you will find a lot of true review & posts from travelers mentioning the advantages and disadvantages they experienced while being in Egypt.

If you have any further inquiry don't hesitate to contact me, I will assist you as much as possible.

I wish you all you will enjoy your tour to Egypt, and again I'd like to welcome you in the land of Pharaohs.

Kind Regards,

Ahmed Antar
General Manager
Touregypt.net
Cairo - Egypt

#2 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:In no particular order: Egypt (Duh!), History, Hunting, Fishing, Photography, Music, Art, Computers ...
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

View Postmedusa, on Feb 16 2007, 09:20 PM, said:

Dear Traveler,
Ahmed Antar
General Manager
Touregypt.net
Cairo - Egypt

Great advice Ahmed! I would add to this that you should ask for references and follow up on each one provided. A reputable tour agent should be happy to provide you with a list of people who you can easily contact that have used their services.
Like I tell my kids when they call me old --
It ain't the years, its the mileage!

Our homepage

#3 User is offline   zahraa 

• High Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Reading, History, Egyptology, Cooking, Helping people, smile and love life and photography<br /><br />EGYPT is a realy wonderful country and i always describe my city to tourists Alexandria is a ceaser salade where you can find all nationalites and all tastes so you can stay here and get mixed in this salade and you will find all around you like you n smile in your face it is a real flower in big garden full of flowers and please if you meet any bad person in EGYPt don't think that is all are like him couse in any garden you can find flowers and you will be hurted with their pins but it will stay a perfect flower. so please enjoy your time here and have a look here<br /><br />http://touregypt.net/teblog/alexandrianews/<br />

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

View PostSpark_man, on Feb 17 2007, 03:03 PM, said:

Great advice Ahmed! I would add to this that you should ask for references and follow up on each one provided. A reputable tour agent should be happy to provide you with a list of people who you can easily contact that have used their services.

Really, Ahmed has covered all points concerning how to assure that have chosen a trusted company or not. What Iíd like to add that I found that most of tourists complain came from misunderstanding happened between them and the one in charge of their tour, like the tour leader, tour guide, driver, some times the tour operator, and that not image for the company itself as the owner doesnít know any about your complain or what your are suffering from as of course no one want paying a refund or losing you as a future client, even if you wonít come again but you can be the best person for marketing his service in your country and for all your friends. but you as a tourist is just dealing with people who work in tourism field like so your are dealing with the tour leader, tour guide, driver, people who works in the hotels or the bazaars, shops and some of them have only target which is how earning money, but sure not all of them are greedy as most of them are employees do the order they get from their boss or they will be fired but it is not meaning the travel agents is bad as the owner sometimes didn't know anything about your complain. what he knows that you are visiting egypt and reserved via his agency and sometimes the tour leader or the tour guide hide many realities as they imagine that your are here once and they don't care whether you will be back or not. So the only what they will know about your complain that if he had a big problem and he must pay a refund or you have contacted the tourism police or your embassy for getting a refund. So if you didnít like you hotel ask to change it on the spot donít waste your time as you will magnify your problem and my recommendation you have to get full details as Ahmed said to avoid being in that situation.

So what I can say that you have to do before your arrival to decide what you like to do, most of the people like to visit allover egypt in one or two weeks and that is impossible, as how come who will cover very complicated country as egypt have more than 7000 years of history in two weeks. So try to arrange tour with your tour operator. Also you have to know that not all the people have the same level of education so some people donít know many things, and here is your role as you can buy any guide book, or check different websites about Egypt to plan your tour, not just letting your tour operators give you a package and say that is it, and if you need more you will be extra or you will buy as an options and here we will find your complain. So please try to arrange your tour by yourself, So if your reserved a tour to visit Luxor, you have to know what is including and what is optional, as Optional tours is always for the more interesting sites. And sure for the more expensive than the ordinary tours so if draw up your tour instead of being shocked that you have to pay extra money later.

Also concerning Service, I found that all the tourists who visit Egypt complain about paying Baksheesh, Tipping, anywhere forgetting that it is not obligatory so if you like to pay sure this your right but if not it is ok no bogy will obliged you. But anyway what Iíd like to add that tipping is excluding anywhere but it is not percentage. Also, I found that 90% of complaining coming from hassling sellers you will find anywhere, and sure you can stop it buy ignoring them in a polite way, as just mentioned that you are not here for shopping. Sure the travel agents canít do any towards those people who will be around the tourist sites for hassling you. I think nobody can force anyone to do something he doesnít like, so do what you like to do but without offense. So you can help improving our industry by stopping spoiling people who used to have wrong way of dealing with tourists as we canít stop what you accept although it annoying you. You have to assure that 90% of Egyptian waiting your arrival, but not all of them feel how much you will pay here. Many Egyptian see many tourists visit their country but most of them didnít see how much you paid as you always pay for people not for the governments. I donít think nowadays there is no country allover the world without corruptions so please donít judge or get a bad impression about us or our country before you deal with the 90% Egyptian who are waiting your visit. And I am sure that your feeding back after that you like to live here in Egypt.

Finally, please try to make your tour as a cultural tour not just to visit our monuments, you have to talk and meet local people, eat our local food, feel and decide that you like to be Egyptian during your trip. Donít complain after your trip, Complain on the spot to get your right on the spot. You have to get what you paid for as we are looking forward for your next visit and for your friends who you will tell them about us. May be I am not right for what I have said but this is my personal point of view which i used to do.

ZAHRAA, Flower, Fleur, Flora, HRRT,«iÁek, цветок, ромашка, Ζαχραα ,Λουλουδι, Blume, ЦВЕТА
I am writing my name in different languages to represent our city Alexandria, as we are such strange tasty Mixture different Languages, different nationalities so we are Alexandrian. So, I'm writing Alexandria News to help you to taste our city and see how tasty and nice it is. So you can send Us anytime and you can call as my tourists groups pronounce ZARA

#4 User is offline   madallison 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:38 AM

Hi, i sent a mass email through touregypt and i did get dozens of replies and i like a few of them but some are not on the list of members on the touregypt web site. does this mean they are not members? But how come they said they got my email from the ministry of tourism website? If they were sent my email doesnt that mean they are members? Pls advice on this because i would like to book a trip with one of them that comes across very professional and personal at the same time but would like to know if they are a member of aetbi or not. thanks

#5 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:In no particular order: Egypt (Duh!), History, Hunting, Fishing, Photography, Music, Art, Computers ...

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:23 PM

View Postmadallison, on Feb 22 2007, 11:38 PM, said:

Hi, i sent a mass email through touregypt and i did get dozens of replies and i like a few of them but some are not on the list of members on the touregypt web site. does this mean they are not members? But how come they said they got my email from the ministry of tourism website? If they were sent my email doesnt that mean they are members? Pls advice on this because i would like to book a trip with one of them that comes across very professional and personal at the same time but would like to know if they are a member of aetbi or not. thanks

The names of the member companies are listed here. We are working on setting up a rating system on this board for each memeber company.
Like I tell my kids when they call me old --
It ain't the years, its the mileage!

Our homepage

#6 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:40 PM

I would like to know which one's replied that are not on the list. Such companies should clearly be avoided. We are investigating how they might be hijacking the information.

View Postmadallison, on Feb 22 2007, 10:38 PM, said:

Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#7 User is offline   Lane412000 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:03 AM

View PostJimmy Dunn, on Feb 23 2007, 07:40 AM, said:

I would like to know which one's replied that are not on the list. Such companies should clearly be avoided. We are investigating how they might be hijacking the information.

Jimmy

I have received a number of responses to my request for a 1 1/2 day tour in Cairo. I did receive an email from "Come2Egypt" come2egypt@link.net
The price offered is really attractive, but I was unable to locate the tour company in the list. Their email does incate that they are ASTA - IATA - AETBI and have license "A" Number: 344 and were founded in 1981.

Another tour company is called Egypt&You.

Perhaps I am just overlooking them on the list or they go by a different name?

Thanks

Lane412000

#8 User is offline   Cindy 

• Artisan
  • PipPip

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

View Postmedusa, on Feb 16 2007, 07:20 PM, said:

Dear Traveler,

Welcome to Egypt and hope you will enjoy a nice trip.

Ahmed Antar
General Manager
Touregypt.net
Cairo - Egypt

Thank you everyone that contributed to this... it is really helpful.

Have a great day.

Cindy

#9 User is offline   Joerg 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Apart from Egypt and animals the whole list would go beyond the scope of this profile.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:52 AM

View PostJimmy Dunn, on Feb 23 2007, 01:40 PM, said:

It has been one year now but no comment up to now.
Things are becoming critical as posted here
Would someone please see to it eventually.

#10 User is offline   sunday 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:29 AM

fifa15online is an established to provides all kinds of FIFA products, such as FIFA 14 Coins. FIFA 15 Coins,just take a look here Buy FIFA 15 Coins,you will take fancy with this site all along. Welcome to Fut Coins in our store through following: http://www.fifa15online.co.uk/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic