Tour Egypt Forums: Poll For City Stars Tours - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1

Poll For City Stars Tours Rate your experience

Poll: Please Rate City Stars Tours (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate according to your experience with this Business

1. Excellent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Very Good (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Good (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

4. Below Average (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

A poll for this Tour Operator. Please also feel free to post your comments about this Tour Operator.
Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#2 User is offline   muaddib 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

Like with all tour operators from Egypt it was hard to get what you want for tour. Anyhow it was a bit easier and with a bit faster communication than with other companies.
Of course it was impossible to make them write in invoice all that I requested. And as consequence we missed Valley of Queens. And tour guide at that part of travel (on cruise from Aswan to Luxor) was incompetent and when we asked about Valley of Queens he said that those are just another tombs like in Valley of Kings. And I could not request to visit Valley of Queens because I didn't have detailed invoice in which it was written that it will be visited. But in many emails I've sent I repeatedly requested that in tour Valley of Queens is included. But because tour was organized just one week ahead, there was not enough time to fight with the agency and I had to agree to what they offered (offer without details) because otherwise we wouldn't have reservation for a Nile cruise.
Beside that incompetent tour guide on the cruise (which spoke very bad English and was thinking only about baksheesh) other people were mostly ok. Tour guide for Pyramids and Memphis was really really good but at that trip he was always arguing with representatives from City Stars Tours and told us that he will never work again with them. It seems that tour guides get only small amount of money that tour agency gets.
Big minus for the tour agency is that they failed to help us reserve train tickets that we wanted. We asked that 7 days ahead, but only thing that they did is drive us to train station in Luxor one day before the travel date and let us book tickets ourselves. Of course all tickets were already booked and we had to book another train which was leaving that night and we had to pack very fast and leave cruise one day earlier.
In tours to Pyramids and to Alexandria there were 3 people: representative, driver and guide. There were more people from agency than us (2 of us). Is that really needed?! I guess all tour agencies does it like that and that is another reason why tours are so expensive.
Big plus for tour agency is that they were always on time and representatives that helped us on Cairo and Aswan airport were helpful.
Another plus is that they honestly said that Egypt Air organizes shuttle bus when you come to Abu Simbel by airplane.

Said all this, my advice is to book all by yourself and deal with tour agencies as little as possible. Hotels can be booked online. I could not find how to book directly cruise ship, so maybe for that you have to contact tour agency. But be persistent and ask that it is without tour guide. It is mostly better to read those things yourself (once again one tour guide was great, one tried hard but was only average and one was bad) and enjoy in your own pace the sights. For transfers there are always shuttles and taxis. Don't forget to bargain for taxi. It is always possible to get it at least 25% cheaper than what they ask or mostly 50-75% cheaper.
If you need tour agency and you need advice whether to choose this one... Hard one. This is the only one that I dealt with. I guess only more expensive ones can be good. Maybe get one from your country and make sure that guides speak English (or your own language)!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply