Tour Egypt Forums: Poll For Continental Tours - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1

Poll For Continental Tours Rate your experience

Poll: Please Rate Continental Tours (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate according to your experience with this Business

1. Excellent (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Very Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Below Average (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Jimmy Dunn 

• Pharaoh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Running, or running behind Tour Egypt - I also like to read, am a photographer and I sometimes write about other travel locations.
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

A poll for this Tour Operator. Please also feel free to post your comments about this Tour Operator.
Jimmy Dunn
Webmaster
Tour Egypt

#2 User is offline   bacree 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:55 PM

I have received a decent offer from this company. Anyone have any information on them? Thanks!

#3 User is offline   jeneesuzanne 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

My husband and I just returned from an amazing Egyptian vacation orginized by continental tours.

We began planning our trip, as many others to, by using the contact tour operators link on the tour egypt sight. We recieved about 20 or 30 replies, but the reply from Continental tours stuck out. Not only was the price amazing, but Amani Saeda, who contacted us originally seemed very nice. Amani was wonderful to plan with. She was able to work out every detail of the 3 week trip that we wanted. Aside from being extremely competent at her job, she is an extremely nice person in general!

We actually arrived in Egypt on September 4th and were greeted at the airport by Hisham. We were able to find him right away without trouble. He directed us through customs and made sure everything was taken care of at our hotel. Most tour companies will have you settle your balence in cash when you arrive in Egypt. This is standard pratice as collecting on credit cards is not only difficult for the companies, but very expensive due to the bank conversion rates. We were able to settle the remained of our tour dues with Hisham mid way though our touring on the first day. THere was no huge rush on it.

As I mentioned above we spent 3 weeks touring with the company, so we got a real good feel of their services in various cities in Egypt.

We began in Cairo and were lucky to have Mr. Mounir as our guide. He was both plesant and informative on a number of subjects. Our driver, Khalid was also very plesant to tour with. Since we were such a small group, just my husband, myself, Mr. Mounir and Khalid, we really had the oppertunity to ask a lot of questions and if we wanted to add something last minute that was no trouble. We were so impressed by everyone in Cairo.

In aswan we visited the basics, such as Abu Simbel (which takes almost 3 hours to drive to, so allow time), the Philae temple, etc. Our 4* hotel in Aswan, Isis Cornish, was excellent. The second night there was on a 5* boat, which as you can guess, was very nice. (My husband kept asking me "How much did we pay for this? Are you sure that was all? How in the world did Amani pull this off for the price we paid?") The guide from the boat who took us around in Aswan, also Edfu, and Kom Ombo was so plesant and funny we really enjoyed listening to him, and he was happy to take pictures for us.

In Luxor we were again totally amazed by what had been put together for us. The hotel was great and our guide had actually worked on restoration of some of the artifacts in the Luxor museum as well as excevated at Luxor. He was a increadable guide.

If you have the option visit Sharm El Sheikh. It is not a huge desitantion for Americans, but in has beautiful snorkeling and also Mt. Saini. Continental tours was also able to set up a midnight hike up Mt. Saini to see the sun rise. We had a guide for the climb, but not for the rest of the time in Sharm el Sheikh, which was what we wanted.

We also visited Alexandria. There we had another wonderful guide who was also doing his masters in Archaeology. He was alble to not only describe all of the sights very well, but also pointed out various other sights that we passed, but weren't on our itinerary. My husband and I decided to walk back to the hotel that afternoon and explore a bit on our own, go in some other sights and markets that weren't on the itinerary, but that we wanted to see. Back at the hotel, we also had a room that overlooked the Mediaterrian Sea, which is beautiful at sunset.

Basically, we had such a wonerful experience with this company. I would reccomend them to anyone. The whole experience was very nice. Amani was exceptional to plan with. She put everything together so well. Our hotels were great. Our guides were so knowledgable. Plus, we had a guide when we wanted one, but we also had time where just my husband and I could explore on our own when we chose to do so. Also since for the most part it was just my husband, myself, a guide and a driver, we got such personal attention that is really was OUR trip, not a cookie cutter trip with 40 or 50 other people we never met. The price was so reasonable I am convinced there is no way we could have had the trip we did for the same price. If you are even considering going to Egypt, contact Amani at contour100@gmail.com.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply