Tour Egypt Forums: Poll For Royal Egypt - Tour Egypt Forums

Page 1 of 1

Poll For Royal Egypt Rate your experience

Poll: Please Rate Royal Egypt (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate according to your experience with this Business

1. Excellent (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Very Good (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Good (1 votes [11.11%])

4. Below Average (1 votes [11.11%])

5. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:In no particular order: Egypt (Duh!), History, Hunting, Fishing, Photography, Music, Art, Computers ...
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

A poll for this Tour Operator. Please also feel free to post your comments about this Tour Operator.
Like I tell my kids when they call me old --
It ain't the years, its the mileage!

Our homepage

#2 User is offline   Spark_man 

• Vizier
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:In no particular order: Egypt (Duh!), History, Hunting, Fishing, Photography, Music, Art, Computers ...
  • User has been to Egypt {Visited Egypt?}

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:00 PM

We recently returned from our Egpyt vacation booked through Royal Egypt Tours. Mr. Wahed and Naglaa helped us put together a custom 10 day tour that included a Nile Cruise aboard the M/S Adonis and a day trip to Abydos and Dandara.

I can't say enough good things about the quality of our accommodations and our knowledgeable guides. Royal Egypt delivered wonderfully. Our trip included sleeper train travel between Cairo and Aswan, where we boarded the Adonis and from Luxor back to Cairo. The porters on the trains were very friendly and helpful, but our train from Cairo to Aswan was delayed in-transit from Cairo to Aswan by over 5 hours because of a problem on another train on the tracks ahead of us. Royal Egypt went way out of their way to ensure that we got to see the sights around Aswan and still meet the Adonis' sailing. In fact, I understand they called ahead and got them to hold at the dock for over 2 hours while we did our thing in Aswan.

The tour guides themselves were simply great.

Ms. Ghada ? (pardon if I don't get her name correct, we were only with her for a short time in Aswan and Edfu and didn't get her card) was absolutely charming and very knowledgeable.

We were with Mr. Osama Raslan the longest in and around Luxor. Again, very professional and very knowledgeable and put up with our many questions from everything to explaining the hieroglyphs to the people and culture.

Mr. Khaled Mamdoh was our guide in and around Cairo and Alexandria. He was very professional and knowledgeable and very entertaining to visit the sites with. On the day we visited the Cairo Museum, my wife was not feeling very good and Khaled ensured that we hit the most memorable highlights was very patient with us.

And last but not least, our guide for the Khan and the Darwish show (which I highly recommend, if you can fit it into your schedule) young Mr. Mido, was great! He steered us through the maze that is the Khan with expert guidance. We were apparently his first gig as a guide and we found him simply wonderful. I told him he definitely has a career as a "professional shopper" in the US - he was able to keep up with my wife!

I know this doesn't cover the various drivers and other people that facilitated our trip to Egypt, but they also contributed to making our vacation through Royal Egypt Tours the trip of a lifetime!

Thanks,

Chris and Terri Wright
Maryland, USA
Like I tell my kids when they call me old --
It ain't the years, its the mileage!

Our homepage

#3 User is offline   cquinn819 

• Monarch
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

Royal Egypt treated us like royalty! We recently returned from our amazing trip to Egypt. We found Royal Egypt on this board. Since there wasn’t a lot of feedback we checked references and other sources to make sure that we were choosing the right company for us. We certainly did!
I can’t say enough positive things about Mr. Wahid and Ms. Naglaa’s company. From the minute we arrived at Cairo airport – until the minute they dropped us off (because security wouldn’t let them accompany us to the gate) for our return trip we felt safe, confident and able to enjoy all of Egypt’s many wonderful aspects. They carefully planned our itinerary and made sure that there was someone at every stop on the way.
The tour director, Mahmoud was excellent. He truly cared about us. We started the trip without luggage as the airlines had lost our bags. Mahmoud constantly called the airlines and tried to get information for us. He rearranged our itinerary to allow for more time to wait for the bag in one location. He also was able to upgrade our hotels twice. He definitely cared about us and treated us like family.
We had Egyptologists for our daytrips in Cairo, Luxor and Alexandria. They were such knowledgeable guides who went the extra mile for us. Being in a private tour meant not having to share a guide with 20-30 others. It made a huge difference. We have travelled both ways (in a large tour group and as a private tour) – and have decided to try to always have a private guide. In Egypt, this meant being able to understand individual hieroglyphics, having history explained in a interesting manner and having all of our needs taken care of (including getting water, meals, etc.)
One Egyptologist, Mohammed in Luxor even had all the photo angles for us. He would “direct” our shots -even stopping the car when we drove by interesting roadside sights. Now being home, I am able to see that he was right- our photos are beautiful. Our guide in Aswan, Makmoud (sp?) – found a Catholic Church for us on the Sunday we were there (not easy) – and even offered to stay outside during the service so he could help get us back to our boat.
Aside from seeing so much in the short 10 days – Cairo, Alexandria, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Komombo, Edfu, Esna, and Luxor – taking the overnight sleeper train and a 3 day Nile cruise on M/S Regina – we fell in love with the people of Egypt. The last evening of our trip, we were guests of Ms. Naglaa. The dinner in her home was delicious. They had worked all day to prepare our meal and the hospitality was superb. We enjoyed meeting family and friends and left Egypt vowing to return.
We give Royal Egypt the highest recommendation. If you have questions, please feel free to email me.

claudiaquinn819@gmail.com

#4 User is offline   wideeyed 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

There are a lot of comments praising Royal Egypt on this website. I must say that for the Egypt portion of our trip I highly agree. Academy Tours was the subcontractor they used for our tour and the service was top notch. The details were as planned and the guides were great.

We ended our trip with 5 days in Jordan and the subcontractor Royal Egypt used was not at the same level of quality. The details in our itinerary were technically met but definitely not at the same standard as we had experienced in Egypt. We were provided with a driver and the guides were booked locally at the sites when we arrived. As such the guides were lower quality either because their English skills were minimal or they would try to upsell us. At Petra the guide wouldn't provide the full tour we had paid for and demanded an extra 75 JD ($120 US) once we were away from our driver. We refused and were left to explore the site on our own.

I have emailed Royal Egypt several times regarding our concerns about our Jordan experience since our return in September. I still have not received a reply which I find very disappointing. I would still recommend their company, but be aware that they are a booking agent, not the company actually providing the service.

#5 User is offline   Dalibor 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

My wife and I visited Egypt in December 2008, just before Christmas. We organized our tour through Royal Egypt, lead by all the good reviews of the agency we found here. Though we have visited all the sites and received almost all the services as stated in the initial offer, there were quite a few discrepancies between what we paid for according to (what Royal calls) a 5-star deluxe program and what we received. I will not go into details, but just use this opportunity to give a few advices to any prospective travelers.

- Avoid Intercontinental Pyramids in Giza - it's a 3-star hotel at best;
- Avoid train - you might find it exotic and fun, but it's simply dirty. You also have a good chance of missing some of your tours since the train might be late (happened to us, 6 hour delay). In case you insist to take the train - bring a lot of water and something for disinfection :);
- Make sure that you have all the details prior to your travel, (Abou Simbel tour leaves Aswan at 4 AM, you'll check out from your hotel at 2:30 AM unless you're planning to stay in that same hotel for another day - we found this out once we reached Aswan);
- There are no private guides in Abou Simbel, you'll have to catch one at the entrance (included in ticket cost). We got a two minute briefing from our guide and then he ran away to try and catch another group;
- Make sure you know who your guides will be through different stages of travel and where will you meet them. We ended up wandering whether someone will show up to pick us up in Kom Ombo, Edfu and Luxor (the guides eventually arrived);
- If you are offered to join other group and you're paying for private tour, do not accept it. We were asked to spend first two days with a family from USA, and ended up spending the whole tour with them, except for the cruise. Fortunately they were very nice - you might not be that lucky.

All in all, we enjoyed our trip to Egypt only because we decided to do so. We tried not to pay attention to the little bits and pieces that were missing and tried to enjoy the country for what it was. As for Royal Egypt, they are good, but not impressive. I probably expected too much after reading all the reviews, and ended up almost dissapointed. The brightest side of the tour were tour guides. Amal in Cairo and Alexandria, Usama in Luxor and Edfu, and Ghada in Aswan did an excellent job!

#6 User is offline   inwester 

• Monarch
  • Pip

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:07 AM

I rate Royal Egypt 2 out of 5.

Things I liked - decent hotels, good transportation, on time.

Things I didn't like the most - greedy and dishonest guides (generally most of the people we met were in this category), some of the places/trips were crappy and totally not worthy of visiting (for e.g. Memphis/Sakkara, any store/gallery/carpet school/perfume maker/papyrus painting is a RIP-OFF). They claimed it was 5 start but 1 was a 4 at max and other may be a 2 or 3 at max, but no big deal.

Read my detailed review here.

http://www.touregyptforums.com/index.php?s...post&p=8874

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply